•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco II Question ?

MLB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey, I am new to the site and a new Bronco II owner. I have a quick question I have a 1988 Bronco II behind the drivers seat along the floor is a compartment with a gold box that says Ford with these part #'s
E8TF-2C018-AA A & 0120104 CIV what is this. The reason I ask is mine is unpluged. Thanks!!

buzz88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L
I thought it was an amp for the radio.

Arctic Wolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
So??????????? What is it guys????? I too have one. As far as I know I dont have ABS in my truck.... And mines hooked up

LittleHorse

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
that's a typical location for a factory amp.

My '90 doesn't have anything there, so I can't say for sure, but that seems like an odd place for an ABS computer.

Rico

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
RABS Computer:

On some models, the RABS computer is located on the drivers side wall, behind the seat. Now would be a good time to move it to a place under the dash to avoid possible water damage. (The one time it will rain, is when your top is down.)

First, disconnect the wiring loom from the box. One disconnected reroute the loom to the fire wall. This loom runs from the drivers side firewall and along the floor to the right of the drivers seat. Make sure to disconnect the ground and save the self tapping screw, as you will need it later. Unbolt the box and set it aside. I have found that the box tucks in nicely behind the kick panel on the drivers side. The bolt that originally secured the box will fit into an existing hole.

Reconnect the loom to the box, and use the self tapping screw to connect the ground to the firewall.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/choptop.htm

According to the tech articles for chopping the top off a B2 it's a RABS computer.:icon_thumby:

The reason it may be unplugged is somebody is too lazy to fix the problem. That happened to our company truck with the 4x4 light. The way the mechanics "fixed" that problem was they cut the wires leading to the light AND they cross-threaded the fuel line which was leaking.:flipoff:They still got paid though and I ended up fixing it myself.

LittleHorse

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
where do they put the ABS computer if you have an electric transfer case controller on the wall behind the driver seat?