•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

chop top project

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
ok ive seen it but i dont know how to do it and ive looked though the search but found nothing,

i want to chop my b2 top ether all the way or up to the front seats. i know you can put a jeep roll cage or bars in but i was wondering about the top how can i fabricate it to put a jeep soft or hard top in ive seen i just never asked the guy so could somebody explain this?

CurtisP87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Some people get a second donor BII, chop both tops off, and use the donor to make a removable hard top.

If you wanted a soft top, you're only real option is to go to a place that makes boat covers, and talk to em about what you want. They could surely fab something up for you that will fit better than trying to slap a jeep top on it.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
jeep cages are much, much taller than the inside of a BII by about 7", and about 1" wider

also the cargo area of a jeep is near nonexistent, so it doesn't really line up with the size of the truck either

i'm not saying you can't, i'm saying if you tried putting a jeep cage in you will need to cut/re-weld it a lot to make it work. At that point you might as well build a cage that is correct