•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Cruise Control module

Wasp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 soon to be 4.0L
With all you super smart people out there owning Broncos and Explorers, I figured someone would know, Is there a component on the circuit board in the Cruise control module that is commonly responsible for the modules failure? I went to the bone yard yesterday to score a few modules from as many 1st Gen explorers as I could find. They only had 2 explorers to scavenge from, a 93 and and a 94. Of course the green plastic case on one ended up getting trashed while trying to pry off the connectors. So on the ride home I plugged one of the modules in and nothing happened, so I plugged in the second, you know the one with the demolished case, and that one WORKED. I had gone through the entire CC system looking for any faults. So I pretty much knew it had to be the module. I haven't had cruise sense I did the 4.0L A4LD swap two years ago. So now have two modules that are defective, I looked everything over hopping to find an obvious fault on the board i.e. a burnt connection or a popped cap, but found nothing out of the ordinary. So before I toss these boards, I was wonder, dose anyone have experience with or might know anyone who can repair these boards? I guess I could get out my old electronics components manual and go through each and every component... But asking you guys seems to be a whole lot easier
:icon_confused: :bye:

Can you imagine, a fully capable off road rig with cruise and AC.... Now that's what I'm talkin bout! :headbang: