•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

driver door window

PonyUp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thanks for the thread and "lesson" link. :icon_thumby:

My 86 BII Eddie Bauer has a manual driver window which is now loose and rattles. Did all BII come with spacers and anti rattle? I saw a couple of glass in some at a salvage yard for $25 and $55 for entire door with glass. I am guessing the inner parts come with the door?

What broken part should I be looking for when I take the door panel off? Thanks.

Steeda04SVT

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thanks for the thread and "lesson" link. :icon_thumby:

My 86 BII Eddie Bauer has a manual driver window which is now loose and rattles. Did all BII come with spacers and anti rattle? I saw a couple of glass in some at a salvage yard for $25 and $55 for entire door with glass. I am guessing the inner parts come with the door?

What broken part should I be looking for when I take the door panel off? Thanks.
I would think the B2's came with the anti-rattle after looking at this again.

Last edited:

PonyUp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Steeda..Thank you!!!:yahoo:

I certainly do better with visuals as I am just now venturing past "I know how to change my oil' stage.:D

My 86 BII and I am grateful.

My 89 BII has a issue with the power window on the passenger side. Goes down just fine and some times up fine..sometimes not unless I help it along. This diagram is most helpful as I attempt to fix it with lithium grease?

Thanks again......:icon_thumby:

Oh...I will have to take glass out to replace, correct?

Last edited:

Steeda04SVT

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Hey no problem. I'm still learning about my B2 as well thanks to these guys on this forum.

DandysRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey I am tackling this job today. I have a question for those of you who have done this.
When You reinstall the glass what is the sequence? From looking at it and taking out the old glass it seems the plastic holder has to go in first and then the glass. Then, the whole thing is put together inside the door. Is that right? Or can the window and pastic be installed at the same time from the top?
TIA,
Jim

Last edited:

chrwilkins30

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
The bracket that the glass mounts in has to be installed into the arm first. Then slide the window through the top and reassemble.