•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Durango Leaf Questions

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Got a question on the durango leafs, Are they preyyt close to the same length spring eye to spring eye? If so or if you have to move the rear mount a little what kind of lift would you get with them alone and no longer shackles or anything. I know CopyKat is or has used them but I beleive with flipped shackles so I was just curious if anyone has used them stock. Thanks guys

Last edited:

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
They are shorter than the RBV ones. And the center pin is 1.5" forward from where the RBV pin is. With the shackle flip I still get a 3-3.5" lift from them. No blocks. These would go good with a ruff-stuff spring kit.

The springs are very soft on their own. I added a cut main spring from my old explorer pack under the durango main.

So far the ride is great.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
So without flipping the shackle it would probably be around 5-5.5" of lift? that is good to know cause I have been considering doing a shackle flip to improve travel and handleing. Did you have to move your rear mounts forward then? and I am assuming you drilled a new hole in the spring pack for the center pin?

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I moved my rear bracket back 4-5" when I did the shackle flip. As for re centering the axle, I drilled new holes in the spring pad on the axle and popped a new hole into the top spring plate.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
So you moved the shackle hanger back further and since the durango leafs are shorter did you use a beltech shackle then to make up for some of the length?

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
What year durango springs did you use? or does it matter?

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
What year durango springs did you use? or does it matter?
Don't think it matters as long as it's the Gen1 Durango. Mine were out of a V8 truck, not that it matters. They are super soft to begin with. I packed a cut down Explorer main under the Durango main and I find they are still soft.