•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Electric Cooling Fan 2.9L Bronco II

Broncopower33

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I was shoping on Jegs the other day, and I found a Flex-a-lite electra-fan, and I was thinking about installing it on my b2. I do alot of 4 wheeling and was thinking it may help keep things cooler. I was woundering if anyone has tryed using an electric fan and if it is worth the money? Any input would be great..

Jegs part number: 400-40

Area 52

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Can't speak for a BII installation, but I put a flexalite dual 'puller' into an F150 5.4L. Immediate benefits: less noise due to no fan clutch/fan constantly turning; noticeable off the line acceleration; and about a half mile per gallon increase in economy. I used an adjustable thermostat and set it come on at 196 degrees measured at the top of the radiator with an infrared thermometer gun. Of course you will want to wire in a parallel circuit to your A/C switch circuit if you have A/C. Of course this won't help a bit if the rest of your cooling system is marginal.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I had trouble over heating going real slow pushing snow or long technical climbs even though let me clarify it didn't boil over but it rode right at the top of the safe zone on the gauge.So I went to the junk yard with my radiator measurements got an electric fan for $15 and it works great.when I push snow it clicks on right on in the gauge but never needs to be on when I drive around townhttp://www.therangerstation.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_thumby.gif