•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

electrical?

sweettoothcandyass

Reaction score
:icon_cheers:I have a 1984 bronco II, I am having problems with accelerating past half throttle it just sputters and backfires. I have put new plugs, wires, roter button, distributor cap, and a new coil. I did a compression test and all 6 cylindars are at 150 pounds. Anybody have any Idea what is happening? I sure could use some help, thank you.

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985, 2001
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Which ignition are you using? Did you check timing?
If factory, start by pulling codes.

sweettoothcandyass

Reaction score
:icon_cheers:I have a 1984 bronco II, I am having problems with accelerating past half throttle it just sputters and backfires. I have put new plugs, wires, roter button, distributor cap, and a new coil. I did a compression test and all 6 cylindars are at 150 pounds. Anybody have any Idea what is happening? I sure could use some help, thank you.
as far as I know, it is all factory, but a lot of things have been eliminated or altered. It ran great until about a week ago, I was going through a mud hole and all of a sudden it lost power on the top end, and leaking gas from the fuel pump. So I changed that and I am still having the same problem with no powre on the top side. Any sugestions?

sweettoothcandyass

Reaction score
as far as I know, it is all factory, but a lot of things have been eliminated or altered. It ran great until about a week ago, I was going through a mud hole and all of a sudden it lost power on the top end, and leaking gas from the fuel pump. So I changed that and I am still having the same problem with no power on the top side. Any sugestions?

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985, 2001
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Not sure here; but sounds like you have a timing problem with backfires. You may still have a fuel delivery problem too. Check the like from the pump to carb.
That's all I can think of for now.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I would check the timing, and look at maybe doing a good cleaning to the carb. All passages, accelerator pump, air bleeds etc.