•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

flairing the rear on a bronco II

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I am looking to find out if anyone out there has flaired the back of a broncoII, I did it on my ranger and was wondering if it would be similar on the bII but my only worry is the back windows if it would put stress on them at all. Any help would be great thanks

D

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
nobody has ever done this ok guess i will be the first next month then

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I've looked at it and tried it on my parts truck. the rear tubs are welded to the outer skin. So you'll have to pie cut the wheel tub and fabricate alot of floor material to bridge the gap.

I think it's just easier to get Fiberglass pieces, or bushwacker cut outs. That's what I plan to do.

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
ya thats what i figured i still am going to try and make it look good i have looked into the fiberglass ones to match my front glass but it sticks out to much for my taste in the rear thanks for the input, on the one you did, did it look like it affected the back windows at all?

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
They didn't brake if that's what your wanting to know. I didn't push it much past 1". The truck wasn't solid to start with so more was moving than what I wanted.

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
ok cool thanks for the input i am going to remove my interior trim next week to take a good look if its too much i guess i will just get fiberglass ones thanks again copykat

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
ok cool thanks for the input i am going to remove my interior trim next week to take a good look if its too much i guess i will just get fiberglass ones thanks again copykat
No prob. I was think the same thing you were about 5 months ago. I decided I was going to make some fiberglass ones instead. I have to tub the rear for clearance issues, so along with a trim it'll make fiberglass extension pieces.:icon_welder: