•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Fuel Pump/ regulator

03leoedge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ok I have a 1988 Bronco II 2.9l. I have just replace the fuel pumps and filter along with the regulator. Can anyone tell me if I should have fuel coming out of that regulator without vacuum. I have tried several variations and still cant get fuel to the fuel rail. My part number was 800-129 from Auto Zone. This is becoming a pain in the @$$.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
NONE
Ok I have a 1988 Bronco II 2.9l. I have just replace the fuel pumps and filter along with the regulator. Can anyone tell me if I should have fuel coming out of that regulator without vacuum. I have tried several variations and still cant get fuel to the fuel rail. My part number was 800-129 from Auto Zone. This is becoming a pain in the @$$.
You can test for pressure from the schrader valve on the fuel rail. From what I remember, the line out of the regulator is the return line. The line into the fuel rail itself is the supply.

Can you hear your pumps running twice for 1-2 seconds each when the key is put on 'Run'? You should be able to hear the frame rail pump at least, but you might need help for the intank pump.

Pete

03leoedge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
This could be true. I bought it from a fello that cut the lines and I just did the best I could. The light tan line is the one I have placed on the bottom of the rail. The dark colored one is on top with reg. coming from the pump. Can you verify that. I may very well have it upside down.

broughton88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
if there is puel coming out of fuel pressure regulator that means it bad.

03leoedge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
GOT IT. The lines had been reversed, switched them around, it started and ran like new. Now I just need to replace the shrader valve, it leaks while the pump is running.

Last edited: