•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Gen 1 brush guard on Gen 2?

Oregone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I recently picked up a brush guard for my '90 B2. It was on a gen 1 ranger, I was watching as the guy pulled it off. My issue is, I can get it on the B2 when the bumper is off, however I am having issues when the bumper is on. Thoughts?

My bumper brackets were on the outside of my frame rails. Should the be on the inside? The guard will not fit on the outside of the frame rails with the bumper brackets on. Ill update with pictures when its all done!

3rd Petal

Reaction score
I know that the bumpers on 1st gen B2's bolt right on the front of the frame, not to the side. So if you bumper bolts on the side of the frame, but the brush guard is also designed to bolt off the side of the frame, then there is your issue. Without looking at it I can't give too much advise, but it's only a brush guard so it should be simple enough to find a way to cut or bend it wherever you have to to make it work

Oregone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
That would certainly make the most sense. There is actually a decent amount of play where the brackets mount to the bumper itself, hopefully I can adjust them to bolt to the inside of the frame rails, and put the guard on the outside.

Its crazy to me that they would change something like they way that the bumpers bolt on. Ive searched for 5 years for a brush guard for this B2, and I found this one 3.5 hours away. And it figures that its not right. HA! Thanks for the info, Ill make it fit! :icon_welder: