•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

hatch wont open

Boggin

Reaction score
you know that B2 faulty where the rear bumper is up too high so the hatch wont open?

i hate it.

i got a complete front end in there and i took it out a long time ago and re-assembled it and went to put it back in this morning and had a hell of a time.. first i put the pry bar in there and never got it, then i stood on the rear bumper and lifted on the hatch and pulled as hard as i could, i got it open but also went flying across my back yard landing on a pile of rocks:icon_rofl:

so my plan is to hook on to my donor b2 with a strap and wrap on to my bumper and put her on the mat with a 1000 foot run off..worked perfect with the mazda :icon_hornsup:
or i could just unbolt it..

who needs bumpers anyways

anyone else have this problem?

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
i have the problem with my exploder. i broke the clips for the rods so i cant get my latch open....even to fix it.:annoyed:

Boggin

Reaction score
haha i gave mine her first bit of carnage by ripping on the hatch

just need to re-thread the bolt for the valve cover and get her back together and new gasket on and that bumper will be in the woods and no time, oh yea ill also be getting my body lift too :D

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
It's not the bumper that's too high, it the corners of the body that have collapsed and let the hatch down onto the bumper. body lift will fix hatch problem, fixing body corners even better idea.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Whoops...carnage.

How do the rear body mounts look? A little corroded/smashed I imagine.

Boggin

Reaction score
not sure about that but i know that i only have one on the very front haha time for body lift

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well, that's going to be why your hatch wouldn't open. The body sits lower than it should, along with your busted hatch.

Boggin

Reaction score
yea this will al be taken care of when i hook a strap onto my rear bumper and onto the donor bronco
and yea i no my bumper will probably coming flying off and through the windshield of the old bronco or take out my dog but do i seem worried? haha