•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Hi all! New here.

OtterDays20

Reaction score
Hey all, new guy in town. Inherited a '95 bronco through family. She's pretty cool so far, unfortunately has stalling issues when cutting the wheel while idling, such as when parking. Any tips? Also, tips with rust removal? Thanks! Hope to see you all around.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

mplummer08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Welcome to the forum! Are you having issues with the lights dimming at idle as well?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

OtterDays20

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Are you having issues with the lights dimming at idle as well?

I haven't noticed yet. Just now getting dark around me. I'll go out and check it out in a little bit. Are they related?

mplummer08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I've seen a failing alternator cause both. The reason being that a larger load is placed on the system when the wheel is cut and the voltage drops to a stall point and the alternator can't keep up.

OtterDays20

Reaction score
I've seen a failing alternator cause both. The reason being that a larger load is placed on the system when the wheel is cut and the voltage drops to a stall point and the alternator can't keep up.

Ahh, I see. Interesting. Yeah I might take 'er out tonight for a couple miles drive and see how she does. Will update on it.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F

This was happening with my Bronco 2, due to a failed field in the alternator. It would barely put out enough juice to charge the battery at idle. Turn on the heater fan, lights, etc. and it was discharging the battery faster than the alternator could keep up, so it would die quite frequently. New alternator (not cheap BTW) and it has no trouble at all now.

OtterDays20

Reaction score
This was happening with my Bronco 2, due to a failed field in the alternator. It would barely put out enough juice to charge the battery at idle. Turn on the heater fan, lights, etc. and it was discharging the battery faster than the alternator could keep up, so it would die quite frequently. New alternator (not cheap BTW) and it has no trouble at all now.
Just arrived at our destination and haven't noticed a light dimming issue. Although, as I was entering a turn and about 8 miles driving, the trans started to kick on upshifting. I haven't really pushed it over 2k rpm. If I have, it was but a small bit. Babying it.
Will continue with an update when I go home in a little bit.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any lighting issues.

I was told the trans and motor were replaced around 30k ago. Tach says 112k and title says 30k.

Last edited:

OtterDays20

Reaction score
Just drove around some more this morning. Started banging almost as soon as I started driving. I heard it might be the VSS so gonna hit advance and get one then try to replace.