•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

I'm finally finished . . 2.8 update

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
My '84 is up and running after its "rebuild". It was a 54K engine, so the bottom end was great. I removed the heads and redid the seals, cleaned the valves and painted them. I replaced the stock fiber timing gear with an aluminum one, new fuel pump, new oil sending unit. I resealed the original PS pump and rebuilt the original alternator. I added headers and an open element air cleaner. The radiator was fixed and painted and I removed the feedback carb and added a Duraspark distributor along with a GM HEI module. I rebuilt a '78 2100 carb, made a few custom pieces and wired it to look stock. Without wanting to go overboard, I think its about as good as the little 2.8 will get :) I will clean up a few more engine compartment pieces, but I need to finish up the body and the '66 Grille installed in it.

Attachments

RobbieD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Nice work! How's it run?

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I've only been around the block so far, but it starts with just the turn of the key . . boom . . started.

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Looks nice! :icon_thumby:

IMO, you can't beat the 2.8 for toughness & reliability..Gotta love em!! :headbang:

Shran

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Pretty cool. I am probably going to do something similar with the 2.8 in my B2 as well. I have all the duraspark stuff...just need to find a carb that will work.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Thanks . . once I get the outside painted and grille installed, I'll show a good exterior pic. I should have the outside mostly done in a couple weeks. As for a carb . . any 1.08 2100 will work fine. Mine specifically was a '78 version . . . but that is just because thats what I had. Depending on the application, jetting could possibly need to be changed to tune it better, but you'll be close with almost any.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
You don't need to change the carb. You can use the original one by replacing the electronic mixture control with a manual metering block, it also save having to re-jet another carb. I've been running mine for years without any problems, many guys on here have also done the same thing.

Shran

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
I don't know what I'm going to do for a carb yet. I have several, one Autolite 2bbl from a '71 mustang, a feedback 2150 from a '85 B2, and another 2150 that my buddy had on his Wagoneer. The Autolite I think will work best but the top plate is broken...it got in a fight with a chain a while back.