•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

james duff extended radius arms rod end joint

JOSEPH169

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I was looking at the joint ends of the James duff extended radius arms and they look like either heim or johnny joints. Does anyone know for sure what they use?

JOSEPH169

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Saw you're using f150 coils.. how much lift you got with those?

sbsrlewis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Honestly I don't know. Maybe 1.5-2". I didn't measure when I put them on. The coils I used are MOOG P/N CC810.

According to the MOOG catalog:
Free height of 17"s (all the RBV's are 13"s).
Installed height of 13" (RBV's 10").
Load Rate of 1100 lbs (RBV's 899-1650 lbs).
Spring Rate of 270 lbs (RBV's 357-489 lbs).

The lighter Spring Rate is why I'm guessing 1.5-2"s. They are very soft springs!! I'm not running a sway bar but I am running dual JD front shocks. I drive the piss out of it BUT I also understand that it handles differently than a stock truck.

If you have ever witnessed a baja truck take off and the front end goes skyward....well that is what my truck does. It's not quite that bad but it is noticable. I would like to try an adapt the Currie Anti-Rock to the BII. I believe that would help alot.

Sorry it has taken so long for me to answer. I work 2 jobs so free time doesn't show up often. If you have other questions you can text me at 405-615-7110 or e-mail at steven.lewis@tinker.af.mil Either of these will get a faster responce from me. Good luck with your build.

Steve

JOSEPH169

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I might look into replacing the heim with a johny joint when they wear out just need to figure out what one two get..

backwoodsH3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
@srbslewis do you have to change coil buckets for the 66-76 f100/150 coils to fit?

sbsrlewis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I'm not sure about the buckets (I had already went to the JD buckets) but you do have use the early bronco seats and modify them to fit around the TTB. I'm using a Dana 35 and had to notch them to sit on the beams. The early Bronco and F100/150 springs are the same size all the way down unlike your coils which taper and held on with the cup washers.

Steve