•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Leaking oil Out of Unkown Hose!!!

hunterh2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hello. Ive got my 84 B2 running now but with one small problem. Ive got a hose that has oil flowing out of it. The hose is attached to something that is connected to the engine block. Its located on the front right(if looking from front of vehicle) lower part of the block. I dont know what this is and cannot find any diagrams to help me know what this part is or where the small plastic hose is supposed to lead to. Please help. Thanks

mn_smokeater

Supporting Member
Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.4L V8
i myself wouldnt be able to help you much but there are guys on here who can but they would need a bit more info about it. for example is it leaking only when its running? how much? thats a bit of a start.

snoopdoggie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 2.9 2.9 4.0 4.0
It sounds like it could be a line going to a direct read oil pressure gauge. Does the vehicle have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge in it?

Is hose about an eighth of an inch in diameter?

Last edited:

hunterh2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Yes the hose is about an eighth of an inch in diameter and it does have a three gauge cluster. Ill look into this... Would i beable to seal the port or do i need to figure out how this works.... Its only when the truck is running. Thanks again snoop... and smokeater

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
you should be able to A. get a new hose and run it to the guage. B. i belive you can put in the stock electronic sensor that will eliminate the hose and thus stop the leak.

hunterh2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Alright thanks chuck... gonna check it out in the morning.

snoopdoggie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 2.9 2.9 4.0 4.0
you should be able to A. get a new hose and run it to the guage. B. i belive you can put in the stock electronic sensor that will eliminate the hose and thus stop the leak.
I'd go with option A. That line should be available at most parts stores. However, I would change it to a copper line. It will hold up much better. You will most likely need to change the connectors if you use copper.

Option B will stop the leak but disable the oil cauge in the truck. I'll assume someone put the three gauges in the truck prior to you owning it. The factory gauge, or idiot light, may not work properly and therefore the extra gauges were added. You may replace the electric sender and have no monitoring of the oil pressure.

mn_smokeater

Supporting Member
Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.4L V8
no problem man good to see its been able to get solved without too much work.

hunterh2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Everything Came out great guys. Thanks again. The copper hose is gonna hold up good for a while... now the trick is to get the thing running smoothly.lol.