•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

LED Lights finished

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Just got the BII on the road, lighting is finished. All LED now except the head lights. bought some halogen replacement lenses and they looked good but function was in the toilet so I went back to the sealed beams. I'll have to work on that.
here are the pics (sorry for the glare but what do ya do). Brake lights, rear running lights, Reverse lights and then the view of the reverse light... really brightens it up back there!

Attachments

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Lights look great. Did you just change all the bulbs or is there more to it than just buying LED bulbs and installing them? I have an 88 B2 and would love to swap to LEDs just because I hate changing light bulbs LOL.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Look at my build thread and the info for the LED's in there. Most of it is a simple swap but you need a new flasher for the LEDs and the rear lights need to have a 6 ohm resistor installed so all the lights work properly, not hard to do at all. I bought everything on E-bay. the flasher needed the plugs reversed so a short wire connection to reverse the plug and a zip tie and that was done. just mount the resister behind the tail light and splice it in, ground to the body, too easy.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Look at my build thread and the info for the LED's in there. Most of it is a simple swap but you need a new flasher for the LEDs and the rear lights need to have a 6 ohm resistor installed so all the lights work properly, not hard to do at all. I bought everything on E-bay. the flasher needed the plugs reversed so a short wire connection to reverse the plug and a zip tie and that was done. just mount the resister behind the tail light and splice it in, ground to the body, too easy.
Awesome, when I get a few free moments I'll chase down your build thread and take notes. Thank you for your help. LED's are definitely the way to go. I'm slowly swapping bulbs out around the house for LED's as the old bulbs die, even swapping out the fluorescent bulbs as well.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
try this link for the info. let me know if I can help with any other information
http://www.broncoiicorral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135020&page=3
Link worked fine, thank you. Going to take a few notes and start ordering some lights LOL. As if I didn't have enough on the to-do list...but I think the LED swap is almost a must. I hate changing light bulbs in vehicles in the first place so the LED's having a long life will definitely solve that problem. At least get all the exterior marker, brake, turn, license plate, and reverse lights swapped, then work on the 2 interior dome lights.