•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Motor mounts

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Vehicle
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
Not sure what motor mounts i have in the bronco but they look like they make the 302 sit really low in the engine bay and not very strong...they look like regular motor mounts from an older vehicle with aluminum spacers that bring the motor up off them half an inch. they look like they work, but its odd to me......Also it doesnt look like its gonna give me much room to play with the exhaust and everything else...Sucked in there tight as meagan foxes ass...lol

Can you guys with the V8's take a picture from the side of the engine and show me what your mounts look like...and then a general picture of the engine inside the engine bay.

SORRY TO ASK THIS BUT MY SHIT LOOKS WIERD....? :icon_confused:

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
2wd, but may help:
Mounts are from Lincoln Mark VII LSC. These are the '94/'95 Mustang, Fox body vert mounts. (they all share the same part number)

Can't really see a whole lot...

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Vehicle
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
Does your oil pan hit the crossmember underneath? and i have about a quarter inch spacer from the engine to the mount....
Ill take a picture later...but i just dont think i like it..i guess ill have to see late rwhen i start mountig everything together...

Great build dude...your ride looks awesome!

Teddyzee

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Thanks!

No, the oil pan is nowhere near the crossmember.

Iron Ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
0.040 punched 302
Not as nice as his, but I used these stupid things:

And it looks like this:

Look really hard, and you can see that it is very close to the steering shaft, but still OK. I had to grind about an 1/8" groove in the pass. side frame to clear the headers, but it works.

The exhaust was one of the harder ones for me because there just isn't a whole lot of room to work with under there.

I have over an inch of oilpan to crossmember clearance.

Teddyzee

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
First time I've actually seen those plates installed. Are they designed to use with Mustang mounts? They look like they'd lift the motor a little. Maybe the 4x4's need that? (different crossmember)

Psychopete

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
NONE
First time I've actually seen those plates installed. Are they designed to use with Mustang mounts? They look like they'd lift the motor a little. Maybe the 4x4's need that? (different crossmember)
I used mounts from a 1980 Bronco with a 302 and those plates. The Advance Adapter motor mounts looks identical to the Bronco mounts. Engine sets fairly low still. Was able to use my transmission stock cross member with an AOD, but had to remove the rivets and bolt it in the next forward set of holes. 2wd though so not sure about the 4wd.

Pete

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Vehicle
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
interesting..well for now im gonna see if i can get away with where its at...

But im using shorty headman headers so hopefully theyll help out a bit.

Alrighty then...lets git some work done...out i go to see what damage can be fixed....

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Another option is to get some 4.0L mounts and make some flat steel plates to attach to the 5.0L

huntin_muddin_91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0/302 v8
hey guys im long time visitor of the site just joined today for i was reading these posts and bout shit i got those junk mounts to which i didnt have much faith in and was figuring on doin engineering to get them . but what cought my eye was the header issue i got hedmans shortys and my pass. side shoots straight down saw it when i put them on a couple weeks ago but didnt think nothing of it got the engine on the stand and prob not droppin it in till weather breaks but gotta check part nums to see for sure i got the bad kind. My question is y would they sell some thing that aint gonna work? and what kind of fabbing am i lookin at to make this work?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
NONE
If it points right down to the passenger side i-beam, you probably have the 89500s. A pic would clarify if you can get one.

My question is y would they sell some thing that aint gonna work?
Because people are buying them. :) It is possible to make them work, but I wouldn't trust them in a 4wd application.

and what kind of fabbing am i lookin at to make this work?
Just get creative with it. Best bet is to locate different set if possible. I am using the 89500s currently, I moved into a new house and ran out of money at the time. I got a 90 degree bend, cut it to shorten the bend itself (and to direct it more away), cut off the collector, welded in the new bend, and welded the other end of the collector on to the new bend. Header will probably have to come out to get the starter out, but it never hit the suspension. It is a very tight fit. Also modified the 2" OD outlets to be 2.5" and am also running an h-pipe.

Pete

1mean02hd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L V8
I made adapter plates off the V6 mounts and they work great. Got another one I'm working on for a guy and they used 'vert Mustang mounts swapped side to side. Seem to work ok. But here's a question, I'm getting ready to do a 95 4x4 and I've reseached on RPS but it's mostly 2wd swaps there, what mounts should I use?

huntin_muddin_91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0/302 v8
I would have to go to the shop to get a good pic of it. but my part num is 89500 so thats upsetting. as far as taking the header off to access the starter wont cut it on my application, i gotta strip my starter down for cleaning to much gets packed w/ mud, guess 13' lift aint high enough.lol sorry new here dont know how to quote... 1mean02hd dont take me wrong im not no certified mechanic but wat i have found in my travels is there is a diffrance in 4 wheel mounts and 2wh mounts i got a 4x4 and using the junk lil mounts shown up above which i believe are 2w mounts but aint nothing a welder and smoke wrench cant fix.