•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My BII project

STANG3O2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Well I've been finding little issues here and there on my new toy.

First project was to replace the front axle. Junk is an understatement. First found one hub that was gutted. Pretty much every bearing was shot. Which come to find zero diff. fluid and shavings up the wazoo. And to top it off after pulling the axle we found a dime size hole in the diff case. Axle was replaced with the front out of my 89'. Also just picked up new hubs and they will be going on soon.

My parts donor:

Second project was to find a matching tire running 33x12.5x15. Have 3 of 4 that are good. Trying to find one Goodyear MTR is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Don't make the old style any more and just about everyone does not have them in stock any more. Let alone at a decent price. Some places are still selling the bastards for 350-400 each! Found one new for 200 shipped, done deal!

Third project to be done this weekend is to replace, more like add. A missing shackle on the driver side rear leaf spring. It's well missing :annoyed:

And while I'm under the 89' pulling the shackle. The whole rear end is coming out and taking a trip over to my cousins to get welded up. Till I can find some decent axles to re gear and lockup.

Last edited:

STANG3O2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Now comes a question. The front brake lines were at least done right. But there's still a problem. They're longer but dangle and rub the tire. What's the best way to hold the front brake lines? For now I just loosely looped them through a zip tie off the coils. Yes a bad Idea but its all I had to work with at the moment.

Clem

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 Ranger XLT
Vehicle
1986 Bronco II,
Engine Size
Ranger-4.0 B2-2.9
I like em both, but the white one appeals the most if the Wisconsin salt hasn't eaten it up.
Have a great time, keep us posted.