•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

need output yoke for M50D-R1

jc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have a 1990 Bronco II 2WD with a 2.9L and a M50D-R1 2WD Transmission 5 speed man trans.

The cv joints in the drive shaft gave out a while back and the vibration sheared 4th gear and chewed up the bushing and the yoke on the output shaft.

I had the trans rebuilt and the driveshaft replaced with a u-joint version by a shop that custom builds drive shafts. The problem is that I had to use the output shaft yoke that on a normal trans would be part of the driveshaft but on this model is part of the trans instead and the driveshaft bolts to it.

So I have a rebuilt trans and a new driveshaft with a chewed up yoke that is just tearing up the new bushing and is causing the new driveshaft to cavitate/vibrate at speed. I've searched high and low for a replacement but because this is part of the trans and not the driveshaft I'm having problems getting what I need without having to buy a whole trans.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement yoke that is good shape or recommend any alternative ways of repairing the problem such as having the yoke turned down and installing an oversized bushing?

Thanks in advance.

JC