•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

New to me 1989 bii issue

Ktmkris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
New to me bii, have had for 2 weeks. Test drive and first week of ownership were good. With slight noise in engine, knowing the 2.9s have a tick, i put high quality oil in it and its quiet now. Second week of ownership i start hearing a knock, down low. Checked engine over and its quiet. Knock is coming from a4ld. Trans has been rebuilt by previous owner, has a extra trans cooler. I pulled inspection cover and starter. torque converter is securely bolted down. The flex plate does not have any noticable cracks . Here is the kicker. Trans make no noticable noise while driving, but in nuetral and park from 1500 to 3000rpm it knocks. Soulds as if something is hitting/knocking on the inspection cover. But cover and all tin work is securely mounted. Any help appreciated.

Btw i have numerous rbv's, all of wich are manual. I purchased this to drive because i need knee surgery. So no more clutch for a while.

Ktmkris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Finally figured out it is engine related, the splash shield on tc amplifies noise. I will start a new thread in engine section