•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Not so off road B2

Bronco2man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
This my 90 Bronco II. The only mud this thing sees is the pile of mud you guys leave at the car wash lol. I have owed it since 93 and have been working on it ever since. It has a 4.0 with auto tranny conversion due to a back surgery and I'm tired of junk 5 speeds. The swap consisted of motor, tranny, computer/wiring, steering column, instrument cluster, pedals, seats, lighted visors, domelight, blower motor, and complete air conditioning system all out of a 93 Explorer. I have done alot of mods to the inside and will post interior pics later. I am a custom stereo installer so you don't want to miss them!

[/IMG]

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Clean BII!

Nice to see another one with a 4.0, are you going to lift it?

I like it, real clean, nice paint/wheels, although, whats with the wing on the rear hatch? :icon_confused:

Bronco2man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I plan on doing a James Duff lift but that will come later. Just need to come up with the funds to do it. I dont have a rear wiper on the back and this "wing" is really just an air deflector that helps keep the dirt off the glass. It works very nice and doesn't look too bad.

fastpakr

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Lima
What auto transmission are you using? The Mazda 5 speeds are FAR more reliable than the stock A4LD's ever became.

Bronco2man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I used the A4LD out of the Explorer. I got to drive the Explorer before I did the swap and the transmission shifted smooth and had no slipping or hesitation and most importantly, no leaks. I know that the A4LD gets a bad rap, but I figured since it was going into a much lighter chassis it would do well for an everyday driver and it does. Compared to the 2.9L and FM146 that was in it before it is a night and day difference!