•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Oh Yes It Can Happen

captainbadjam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 @ 3.0
I have a '89 Bronco II, 2wd straight shift. It has a 2.9 V-6. The brakes locked up. No warning. Inspection reveals the Brake booster has about a liter of raw gasoline in it. Removed boster vacume line and started engine. vacume is great. Plugged line and run 10 min. Shut off engine, remove plug and I have raw gas coming out of line. Anyone ever heard of such a thing? The line comes from the TOP of the plentum!

Confussed,

Captainbadjam :icon_twisted:

turbo cat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
exploder
Engine Size
4.0ohv turbocharged
Check to see if the FPR is leaking. As in take off the vaccum line that plugs onto the FPR and check for fuel. I do find it odd that its going into the booster but anythings possible. How is t he vaccum system setup on your truck?

BiGpHiL86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87 x 2
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i have

i had a new fuel pressur reg. leak back through into the boster and mess up a whol lot of things

captainbadjam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 @ 3.0
Check to see if the FPR is leaking. As in take off the vaccum line that plugs onto the FPR and check for fuel. I do find it odd that its going into the booster but anythings possible. How is t he vaccum system setup on your truck?
Sorry for being late in responce. The vacume "tree" comes out the side and TOP of the plentum. The 3/8" booster vacume hose routes direct, straight thru the tree to the booster, all the other lines tee into the side of this fitting. As for the booster holding gas, It is the only / resivoir/ on the vacume system. I think the fuel pressure regulator, (vacume controlled) Has a ruptured diaphram. This would explain raw fuel being sucked all over the vacume system. Any place drawing vacume is also getting gas.

I have one on order.

Do I here any back up? Come on say something.

CBJ:icon_idea:

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Sorry for being late in responce. The vacume "tree" comes out the side and TOP of the plentum. The 3/8" booster vacume hose routes direct, straight thru the tree to the booster, all the other lines tee into the side of this fitting. As for the booster holding gas, It is the only / resivoir/ on the vacume system. I think the fuel pressure regulator, (vacume controlled) Has a ruptured diaphram. This would explain raw fuel being sucked all over the vacume system. Any place drawing vacume is also getting gas.

I have one on order.

Do I here any back up? Come on say something.

CBJ:icon_idea:
it would appear that you're on the right track

KCBFord1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Change The Oil

CHANGE THE OIL, mine did the same thing, and i had a gallon of gas in the oil pan!!!

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
+1 on changing the oil

Exact same thing happened to me, killed my booster and contaminated my oil. New FPR did the trick, old one was leaking.