•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

paint body with herculiner?

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I got a herculiner kit today because i've been wanting to paint the rockers and the fenders of my b2. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of some pretty cool ideas. I plan on starting this today, so hopefully I can get some of your ideas soon!

Last edited:

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size

08danger_ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
I did my rockers and fender flares on my 00 f150, i think it turned out pretty good. I bought the undercoating gun and sprayed it. Sorry, no pics. I sold it shortly after that.

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
well, i got it done a few hours ago. im just waiting on my pictures to upload from my phone to my laptop. as soon as i get them all on photobucket ill link them here so you guys can see the progress... i still have a little to do, but its comin out awesome! i love it...

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
some pics. i thought i took some after i tore all the tape and paper off. ill have to get them tomorrow, its to dark now.

sorry for the crappy cell pics.

its not in this picture. but i went up the back of the glass to the rain gutter with the bed liner. like i said, ill get more pictures in the morning.

WesB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Just out of curiosity, where did you get it and how much was it. I have been wanting to do mine mostly like yours (I was just going to keep following the body line at the back of truck), but I can't find any in my town.

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
wesb - i got the kit from lowes. i think with tax it was about 78 bucks.

I plan on wrapping it around the back hatch but im not sure how i want to do it yet. I was going to do it today but its raining.

heres a few more pics i took this morning.

Grey_04

Reaction score
looks sweet, i think it would have looked bad ass if you had tapered the bed liner from the front of the wheel well up to the back of the rear of the side window..( hope that made since?)

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
like at a diagonal? im not sure what you mean. my brian isnt working to well today haha

Grey_04

Reaction score
like at a diagonal? im not sure what you mean. my brian isnt working to well today haha
please excuse my ignorance with Chopin pics I'm no hazmat when it comes to this but this should give you a better idea.

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
thats a pretty good idea. ill think about that one for sure.

well, ive started on the front and im trying to tape off the back hatch with some different ideas. id like to do the whole back but across the back of it have some kind of stencile that says Bronco II (leave that part red but the rest of the hatch bed lined)

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
heres the finished product for now. im happy with the way it turned out. let me know what you guys think...

everything got 2 coats with good coverage and i still have a little over 1/2 a gallon left. next project is tearing the carpet out and doing the floor.

to be continued....

Last edited:

91rangerstx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Looks good guessing its rolled on?

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
yea. its rolled on. i spent the last 2 days doing it. I just ripped everything out of the inside and i've started doing the floor... got a little to dark so ill have to finish it up tomorrow and probably start on my body lift.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
i'd go ahead and do the whole thing, would look pretty sick. what liner did u use, is it the duplicor shit u can get at walmart? i want to do my roof with the same type stock

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
no, its not duplicolor. It was some kit at lowes for about 78 bucks. i like the way the red and black go together so i deff. wont be doing the whole thing.

Today i have to finish up the floor inside the bronco and get everything back together so I can drive it to pick up my check haha... ill post some pics as i get em...

olranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i love that roll on, i am thinking about doing my whole truck. For on thing i have to do some bodyh work on the fenderwells, then i do plan on wheeling my truck. I dont want to spend the money and time on a good paint job, just to mess it up.