•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Positive camber?

sirjeremyjohnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
I have a basically stock Bronco 2, its not lifted in the front but has alot of positive camber. The front wheels basically look like a V from the front. Any ideas why this would be? seems like it should be the other way if the suspension is worn out. Last night I tried to remove the camber bushing but couldn't get it out, It must be the factory one because it doesn't rotate it's almost like keyed in place with two notches. The ball joint and bearing were in good condition. Any Ideas?

Rebel_Grizzly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L v6
Go get an allignment?

sirjeremyjohnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
I understand I need an alignment, I'm in the process of adding a 2 inch spacer to the front and replacing all bearing and tie rods and anything worn. I just found it weird that the stock would have that much positive camber. Just wondering the cause. Also looking for ideas on how to remove that bushing because I cant seem to get it.

K-Slice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have the same problem as a result of my F150 springs, But i can't get my cam bushing out either! Was gonna make my own thread but I'll just watch this one and see where it goes!

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Look and see if your springs look newer than everything thing else underneath there, in case the previous owner had leveling coils installed. Or maybe the previous owner installed taller stock coils from another RBV

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
another thing to check is the toe.if it's toed in too much it will jack the front and camber it out like that.if this is the case,the opposite will happen in reverse.

Rebel_Grizzly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L v6
When i put my f150 springs on my ranger i had really bad camber issues, $160 bucks later and 7 hours of wait time at les shwab and its finally good enough that it doesnt wear tires in a week.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
i have some tuff country 2.5" drop brackets that will be up for sale really soon

dragonranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
to remove the camber bushing take the nut off the ball joint stud and punch the stud down the bushing should pop up. a air chisel with a punch bit works nice.

sirjeremyjohnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
the springs look just as old and everything else, i'm getting all the parts together and i'm gonna go ahead and replace basically everything in the front suspension and steering as well as the 2" lift, I plan to get the moog camber bushings that are adjustable +-0-4 degrees. I should deff be able to get everything in line then right?

sirjeremyjohnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Anybody know what the unloaded lenght is on the factory spring? Or if I post a picture could u tell? I know the camber is at least 2 degrees out, I don't see how this would be possible without the springs being changed.

bhawk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Look for big metal washers under the spring seat on the bottom. Adding washers is a trick to get more height and obviously it adds positive camber. You may see 2 or 3 washers under the spring seat.