•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Problems!!! Help!!!

Redneckryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Too small
Well you are very well trained for a WOMEN.
uummmmm......not trying to be a grammar nazi....but woman is singular--women is plural. last time i checked, unless she weighs a metric ton, we were only talkin about one human. :icon_thumby::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
LMAO you guys are funny. well guess what my smart ass remark came back to bite my ass. IT WAS A PLUG WIRE!!! it had broken inside of one of the rubber insulators and wasnt sending spark through so thats why it would fix its self whenever i messed with it and then get bad again. runs all good now guys!!! time to go wheelin!!!!

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
uummmmm......not trying to be a grammar nazi....but woman is singular--women is plural. last time i checked, unless she weighs a metric ton, we were only talkin about one human. :icon_thumby::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
A soccer mom with three Kids and a grand child on the way. O ya I'm sure she walks around the trailer in a MooMoo(SP)
But now we are done with the jokes. If he thinks the sound is coming from the dist. Look at the shaft or pull the Dist. and check the shaft.

Area 52

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
LMAO you guys are funny. well guess what my smart ass remark came back to bite my ass. IT WAS A PLUG WIRE!!! it had broken inside of one of the rubber insulators and wasnt sending spark through so thats why it would fix its self whenever i messed with it and then get bad again. runs all good now guys!!! time to go wheelin!!!!
To answer your earlier question...if you can it hear a snapping/zapping sound like you did, it is most likely a bad plug or coil wire secondary wire (from coil to distributor: infrequent / from distributor to plugs: likely culprit).
Time to send you the completion certificate for the beginner mechanics course!!! "atta grandma" :icon_cheers:

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
ya i feel stupid now cuz i mean ive done engine swaps, built shit before, this should have been basic. i think i was just being lazy as hell. cuz today my goal was to figure out for sure what its problem was and i just did it and now its fixed. took a lil time but now its fine. so im just stupid i guess lol...

Area 52

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
BTDT...but what is truly stupid: I've done it several times. Look for the simple basics first. :buttkick:

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
ya i guess... haha well thanks to ALL for their input. its very appreciated...