•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

"Quick" Removable Door's

1RangerNut

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
First mark the location of the bracket's, then unbolt the door's.

I don't have a pic but, after the door's are off take a drill bit and drill the heads of the rivet's off, then just pound them out. After you seperate the bracket's bolt the door half back on the door "reason for marking them".

Next get some 5/16" bolts that are 4" long inbetween the thread's and cut the thread's off and drill a hole for a cotter pin, if you cut it just right there will already be a taper on the end if not you'll have to grind them.

I don't have power anything so this is all I did for the speaker's.

Top one goes in like this, I also put a washer on it, and also it helps to put this one in first.

Bottom one

And an idea of what it looks like done.

A tip to putting them on if you have trim on the bottom is to roll the window down, stand on the inside, put your arm through and grab the trim kind of like a "purse" that way you have a free hand to put the bolts in, they can sometimes be a pain, so put the top one in first that way it'll kind of hang there so you're not having to hold it the whole time. Just remember to put the cotter pin in, cuz it'll fall down when you go to do the bottom one. :icon_thumby: