•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rabbit's '88 B2

Rabbit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
This is more or less going to show my build from the beginning to its current stage. It's a little long so please be patient and enjoy. I'm going to start with mostly pics and edit the post with more details over time. So here I go...

The first pics I got of it are after I stripped and primed it...

Home with new paint...

A little stock flexing...

fabbing up the new bumpers...

Pulled out the 2.9...

...and put in the 4.0...

I put on a poor man's 2" lift and the angle proved to be a little too much for the stock driveshaft...

So I made a new one from a Wagonneer front shaft...

Got tired of a wet intake so I looked through the tech library for snorkel ideas and came up with this...3" pvc, dryer vent hose, 4" pvc cap and a lot of RTV...

...also fabbed up a roof rack while I was at it...

Here is how it currently sits. I finally got a 4" RC lift installed and picked up a set of 33"x12.50 T-birds for $100 (total for 7 of them). In the very near future, I intend to weld the front and rear, add a 3" body, trim the fenders, and possibly chop the top and add roll cage and soft top.

Here is a recent pic with a little action...

midget

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
v6
Dont weld the front u wont be able to change axle shafts fast enough... but the Rear go for it best improvement you can make besides gettin tires other than Thornbirds but at that price I wouldnt have passed them up either. Great job so far now jsut get rid of the D28 and rock out.

midget

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
v6
Just a tip Idk if you do or not but unhooking the sway bars for offroading is deffinately worth the effort.

Rabbit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Yeah I removed the front sway bar but the rear is still on.