•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Radio/cigar lighter wiring

Murhpi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Just got my 89 b2 and the dash illumination lights dont work (no big) but i pulled out the cluster, found some burnt out bulbs which may be the culprit. During my investigation I found a blue wire with an orange or red stripe, it appears to go to both the cigar lighter and up to the stereo area, I looked through the Chilton wiring diagram and was unable to find the appropriate circuit. anyone here have any idea what this is supposed to go to?

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Just got my 89 b2 and the dash illumination lights dont work (no big) but i pulled out the cluster, found some burnt out bulbs which may be the culprit. During my investigation I found a blue wire with an orange or red stripe, it appears to go to both the cigar lighter and up to the stereo area, I looked through the Chilton wiring diagram and was unable to find the appropriate circuit. anyone here have any idea what this is supposed to go to?
My 1988 wiring diagram has LB/R for dash lights.

Horn and cigarette lighter are Y/LB

Mine is a different year but even if the colors are different from your '89, I still would not think that the lighter would be on the same circuit as the dash lights.