•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

rear FSB driveshaft in B2?

DOZER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
was wondering if anyone has mated a full size bronco, rear driveshaft to a BW1350 in a B2. I already have a 8.8, just need the transfer case flange, is there such a thing as a 26sp 3" bolt pattern output flange?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Honestly?

And this is probably going to cause a junkyard feeding frenzy.... For owners of 1990 bronco2's who have the large diameter pinion flange (or who have retrofitted a later rear into their earlier bronco2_

Look for a junkyard Explorer Sport, this shaft WILL require shortening.
but it has a double cardan joint with larger U-joints than the "old" (83-85) shaft

The reason I mention that it will only directly fit (after shortening) onto a 1990 is a problem it shares with a FSB shaft, the large diameter rear slange.

Though theoretically you could swap off the square piese with the "Ears" to allow it to fit the smaller diff flange.

AD

DOZER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
sorry i guess i should have been a little more clear, im runnin an 86' b2, with 92' 4.0 & A4ld with 86' bw1350 t-case & 91' 8.8r mini spool, 4.88 d35 f. i also have a 90' fullsize bronco, i already shortend the b2 rear shaft to fit my set up and then re-drilled the 8.8 flange to fit my shaft. the fullsize shaft on my 90' is within 1 inch of b2's shaft soooo, all im lookin for is a flange that will let me bolt the full size cardan to my 1350, ive been running the smaller cardan joint now for almost a year and have found that it just does not hold up :icon_hornsup:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
sorry i guess i should have been a little more clear, im runnin an 86' b2, with 92' 4.0 & A4ld with 86' bw1350 t-case & 91' 8.8r mini spool, 4.88 d35 f. i also have a 90' fullsize bronco, i already shortend the b2 rear shaft to fit my set up and then re-drilled the 8.8 flange to fit my shaft. the fullsize shaft on my 90' is within 1 inch of b2's shaft soooo, all im lookin for is a flange that will let me bolt the full size cardan to my 1350, ive been running the smaller cardan joint now for almost a year and have found that it just does not hold up :icon_hornsup:
Round about 2000-ish Ford switched to a larger diameter flange
on the RBV T-cases.

You'll need to locate a 13-54 with the larger flange

I'm not sure the 44-05 T-case output shaft is the same spline.

BTW, a lot of the tech I put into posts is simple "General information"
that people other than the original poster might find useful.

It's simply a matter of their being so much stuff rattling around in my head looking for an appropriate place to go that I let it out when I find a place to put it....

As I RARELY have time to sit and make a general information post listing all this stuff...

AD