•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Say What?

LeBronCo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 1986
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Life is more fun if you own a Ford Bronco II
I was on Facebook Marketplace earlier and I see an 88 Bronco II 'Sherrod Mojave' for sale. 47K original miles and he's asking $19K. What is so special about a Sherrod Mojave B2?
It looked just like an XLT with some fancy wood inserts on the door panels and the dash. No removable top or other mods.

GTme94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/7
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
There's an article on here (Bronco Corral) that mentions it, sounds like what you mentioned, an XLT with fancy interior and paint.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Prices for B2's are dumb right now. People think they can get more $$ because the new Broncos came out. Around here a 1,000 B2 shot up to people asking 5 to 6k. Time will tell if the idiots will pay these prices. I won't.

LeBronCo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 1986
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
ecgreen,
I won't pay nuttypants prices either. I passed on an auction for an 85 B2. Nice body, had a cracked windshield, needed a headliner, wrong driver seat. 170K miles on it and a good fluid service and tune up. It sold for $3k. Add in the repairs, etc. I'm at @$4800. Add in new tires, $5300 and its an 85 with the 2.8L.

LeBronCo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 1986
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
There's an article on here (Bronco Corral) that mentions it, sounds like what you mentioned, an XLT with fancy interior and paint.
The interior was the same as any other XLT with two exceptions. The door panels had a wood insert that matched a poor fitting cover on the gauge cluster. They looked DIY, not a dealer install. I think he bought the Sherrod/Mojave plate and glued it on trying to pawn it off as original.

LeBronCo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 1986
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
I stand corrected. The article here on BC with photos matches what I saw on Facebook Marketplace. I'm sorry but the dash and the cupholder look wonky at best. If there were serious suspension mods, more power, etc. I could see paying a premium. Any decent carpenter/craftsperson could go in their garage and make those wood parts.

LeBronCo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 1986
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
I found an '88 B2 with the top cut off. Not sure if the conversion is complete. I'm checking it out tomorrow. I'll get some pics. If I do buy it, I'll clean it up, get it running and put it up for sale. Anyone interested give me shout.
Nelson

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I need a project vehicle like I need a hole in the head.

I have a move or two in my near future... but when I get settled and hopefully the prices become reasonable... I would like to do a Bronco II.

LeBronCo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 1986
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Well Saturday's adventure was a bust. What I was hoping to be a Sherrod B2 with the open top mod was a Rube Goldberg sawzall job. As the old saying goes, "nothing ventured, nothing gained. The ride into the back country was nice.