•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Tach Question!!

glenmorebuckman

Reaction score
My '88 Bronco II Has been having some kind of electrical issue that I sure could use some help on. Lately I've noticed that the head lights are really dim when at idle but brighten right up when I raise the idle a bit. Then a couple of days ago I thought I smelled burning wires but it went away and I never could find any problems. This evening while driving to town I happened to look at the tach and noticed the rpm's were around 500 higher than usual but the engine didn't sound like it was working any harder. I thought maybe the tach was going bad but then I started getting a little hot so I turned the heater off and the tach went right down to were it should have been. Hmmmm, I turned the heater back on, the tach jumped up 500 rpm's, Turn the headlights on the tach jumps up 500 rpm"s!!!! Anybody have any ideas on this one? What does the tach connect to? I've tried to find it in wiring diagrams but no luck.

AaronC47

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Ford
Alternator

I don't get why people buy new ones,, why not just replace the brushes for about $5.00