•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Tips and tricks for Camo paint?

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
I almost have the new shop air supply system finished so I need to start research on how to go about doing a nice camo paint, Im thinking 3-4 colors from black to light gray to blend in with winter foilage and snow since thats usually the case for hunting season around here.

If anyone has tips or tricks I'd like to hear them, tia

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
well i have some ideas but what kind of camo like new military or like cartoon blotches or like actual foliage camo

so i can give you some basic info on the first two but i am NOT a professional painter by any means so if you want some help let me know

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Engine Size
I know a guy that lays his base color then uses tree branches and leaves and paint around them in several different colors and layers. Turns out nice.

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
yeah if you live by like a lake or a swamp go and cut all the leaves off the top of the cat tails and then lay down a brown base cote then lay the leaves all over then green and tans or in your case greys and black

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
I know a guy that lays his base color then uses tree branches and leaves and paint around them in several different colors and layers. Turns out nice.
Small branches might make a nice background effect. Dont s'pose you have any pics of his work do you?

vwa1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Just use this as an excuse to study up on your WWII history. Check out the winter camo on Russian and German tanks and aircraft. Way cooler than spray painting leaves and crap. Also remember, in WWII winter camo was applied in the field by dudes with paint brushes who were freezing their balls off, so it doesn't have to be perfect.