•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Ttb on 87 b2

87Bronco2Ark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
What are y'all opinion on the TTB front axle. Pros and Cons

3rd Petal

Reaction score
All depends on what your plans are for the vehicle. If its staying stock or mostly stock on less than 31's, the stock dana 27 will probably serve you fine.

Best bang for your buck is gonna be a dana 35 swap. Plentiful and fairly cheap from a junkyard, basically a direct bolt in swap, and with the right parts can handle up to 35's without too much trouble

The issues I've found with TTB's is when you get above 4" of lift or are set up with soft springs and lots of travel

My B2 has a D35 with a 4" lift and some soft Jeep Cherokee springs. I have a little bit of an issue with the front end unloading on steep hill climbs, or on the street under heavy acceleration, but nothing that is terrible

Steering is another sore spot with lifted TTB's. You are usually gonna have an issue with them wanting to eat tires once you get it lifted. Adjusting your steering with a drop pitman arm, or with custom linkage can help a lot, but my experience is that they will still eat tires faster than a solid axle

In summary, I find the TTB to be a good platform to build off of, and unless you are building something really extreme, its few downfalls don't make it worth the cost going to a solid axle

87Bronco2Ark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
So if I go with a 2" body lift and 31X10.5X15 A/T I should be good with the D27

3rd Petal

Reaction score
You should be just fine. With a D27 you won't really have any options for gears or lockers, but if you are staying on 31's, you shouldn't need to re-gear anyways

87Bronco2Ark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I just wondering it the D27 will work for now I plan on front and rear AXLE swap but I'm just not ready for that step yet just so I'm good for now thanks for such good info