•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Want Toy and Truck? Impractical.

djhitz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2-1987's
Vehicle
Fords
Engine Size
2.9l V6
2005 wanted 4WD Truck. Bought truck and 4WD. 2WD, '95, F-150 and '87 Bronco II. Spent lotsa $$$ fixing up Bronco II. Hardly spent doo-doo on the F150. Spent vacation money, dang! Got taxed bigtime in '09, dangit dang!
Love Bronco II. Can't meld the two, together.:bawling:Need dough to travel. Wanted to travel in Bronco II.
What would you do, Bronco II lovers?:icon_confused:

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Sell F-150 & travel in BII!!:icon_thumby: Enjoy the trip :yahoo:

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
wow how did you decode that first post?:beer:

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
wow how did you decode that first post?:beer:
:dntknw: Translation...I think....He spent money back in 2005 for a BII & a 1995 F-150. Did not spend much extra on the F-150 but spent a lot on the BII. He spent vacation money on something else & then had to pay lots of taxes this year.

He loves the BII, but needs a truck, & doesn't have the money to go on vacation so....he wants to know what BII lovers think he should do! Am I correct Mr djhitz??!!

Man, I'm exhausted:icon_twisted:

Last edited:

BDAB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
00, 99, 00
Vehicle
Ford, Ford, Bui
Engine Size
V10, 5.4L, 3.8L v6
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I had my barely literate neighbor translate for me.

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I had my barely literate neighbor translate for me.
Hey now....I was translating on my prior post when you posted that. djhitz was just summing up his question in short form. It takes a thinking mind to decipher short form!! Nothing personal:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Just found...he sums it up in his "introduction" thread

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Im confused..

djhitz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2-1987's
Vehicle
Fords
Engine Size
2.9l V6
Hey, B2 addict. If yer not too sold on the Bronco II then how are you an addict? You OD on Bronco IIs and have to go into a B2, 12 step program or somethin'?
Because you know what the difference is between drunks and alcoholics?
Drunks aint got to go to thosse stupid meetings.
So if your a "recovering B2 addict", You aint got to jump a ditch in the mud, tear off your exhaust system and bust out yer back, window and break both back shocks, anymore.

BDAB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
00, 99, 00
Vehicle
Ford, Ford, Bui
Engine Size
V10, 5.4L, 3.8L v6
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
that F150 got a V8? if so swap the V8 into the B2, get some explorer axles and install those on the B2....... or trade both for a F/S Bronco with a 351. the you get full size power and axles with a 105" wheel base..... plus seating for 3 kids and room for camping gear and a dog........ wife is optional on a camping trip.

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Hey, B2 addict. If yer not too sold on the Bronco II then how are you an addict? You OD on Bronco IIs and have to go into a B2, 12 step program or somethin'?
So if your a "recovering B2 addict", You aint got to jump a ditch in the mud, tear off your exhaust system and bust out yer back, window and break both back shocks, anymore.
Where do you get that I'm "not too sold on the BII"? I am not a drunk,alcoholic,or a "recovering BII addict". I am a current BII addict,& have been for 15 yrs, meaning I have to have my fix everyday...but I like my addiction, no 12 steps for me.

Now I'm confused. :icon_confused:

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Where do you get that I'm "not too sold on the BII"? I am not a drunk,alcoholic,or a "recovering BII addict". I am a current BII addict,& have been for 15 yrs, meaning I have to have my fix everyday...but I like my addiction, no 12 steps for me.

Now I'm confused. :icon_confused:

djhitz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2-1987's
Vehicle
Fords
Engine Size
2.9l V6
Standing Corrected.

Oh! I must have read into the comment in the Ranger Station Comments, wrong. I love my Bronco II. I wanted to go through the whole route with it but my Dad died, my Mom went into a nursing home and my wife needed a shorter car to truck old people around in.
I was only making comparisons about the "alcohol addictions". I don't drink either at least not since '93 (drunk) and/or '96(drink). I was not implying anything about your habits.
I'm getting my B2 fix too, everyday now but the terrain in you state is much better. I have a best friend in Gallitin.
Speaking of Murfreesboro, I used to service DTF Trucking who had a hub in your town. Dana's all but shut down in Fort Wayne. The end of a great memory.

Last edited:

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
It's all good

No offense taken! :icon_thumby: I was in the middle of something earlier when I got on here for a minute & did not exactly word my response correctly.I knew you were not implying I was an alcoholic or anything :icon_twisted:

I use to run up to a auto plant just south of Ft Wayne for the trucking co. I worked for. Just recently got laid off.:bawling: I have an uncle that lives in Gallatin.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad & the situation with your mom.

I currently have two BII's, have owned 1 of them for 15 years & have had several more over the years. Out of all the vehicles I have owned, the BII is my true love. :icon_hornsup: