•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

What auxiliary gauges are best?

Sabai

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hello. My '86 B2 runs fine but I haven't owned it long. The stock temp gauge is reading high (needle goes all the way up the the top of of "normal" range then drops a small bit, then climbs back up to peak normal. It is not losing coolant.

Would like to install high quality auxiliary temp, oil, voltage gauges.

What brand of gauges do you like best for the Bronco II?

All advice appreciated, thanks!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
I bought a 3-gauge set by sunpro from Autozone, none of the stock gauges in the dash worked except the fuel gauge. Didn't feel like wasting money fixing glorified idiot lights so I installed that gauge set. If I remember right it was about $30. Truck isn't worth enough to warrant any spectacular gauges. The sunpro works just fine.

jmburton1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i agree used to have the sunpro set in my 86 worked great for me especially for the price

Slammin Sam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Sabai,
If your temp gauge is that erratic, you may have some air in the system or the thermostat is bad. How is the coolant level?

Sabai

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Sabai,
If your temp gauge is that erratic, you may have some air in the system or the thermostat is bad. How is the coolant level?
Hi SLAMMIN. Thanks for your email. I plan on replacing the thermostat right away. The coolant level is stable, radiator is full. Is there anything else that would cause the temp to run hot? Thanks.

Sabai