•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by 90B24wd

1. 9

Tie rod end

Use two 5 lbs sledge. Place the second one on the other side to where you're hitting. This will lossen the tie rod faster.
  2. 9

M5OD Trans - Can't get Bearing Off

I use a crow bar to get the bearing off. Use a 1/8 rubber pad on the gear when resting the bar to pry the bearing off to prevent chipping a gear tooth. And pry a different points or rotate the bearing so that you don't bend the bearing in one area.
  3. 9

Just bought my first Bronco II.

Does the power window motor makes any sound when pressing the switches? If not, switches could be bad. If you do here the motor spinning, it just could be only the rubbery plastic pucks need to be replaced. The easiest way to get the motors out is to drill three 1/2" holes on the inner door...
  4. 9

Driveshaft CV Boot

You should of ordered 2 of every part that you a replacing cause you will be replacing it again in the future.
  5. 9

I'd like to clear up b*****t about gear oil in a M5OD trans.

As I am cleaning up a 2.9 M5OD tonight getting it ready for a rebuild, I have noticed that this trans is in very mint condition internally. :yahoo: And why I say this is because while I was cleaning the bearings with solvent, it spins quietly & smooth (even when dry). What I got here is a well...
  6. 9

rear drive shaft

The shaft that you are using is not the same shaft used in the "cheap shaft build". The carden joint is completely removed and only 2 u-joints is needed, one on each end.
  7. 9

rear drive shaft

This is what 4x4junkie is saying: (DIY Cheep Rear D shaft) Also as for the rear flange you will have to find a flange that matches your rear axel. (7.5 or 8.8) On the front you need to beware that their is a fine spline and a coarse spline slip yoke. Only the coarse spline yoke will work with...
  8. 9

rear hatch not latching right?

Easy fix! Take out the striker & tail lite assy. Now use a round file to bore out for adjustment. Becareful not to take out to much cause you will weaking the area. Check for fit.
  9. 9

rear hatch not latching right?

I have that same problem right now. Both lift gate struts were replaced and now the hatch will not close right. What I was planning to do was to cut around the stricker mount so that I have more adjustment to line up with the latch.
  10. 9

Do they sell fuel pumps for a 90 Bronco 2 with out the plastic container?

I forgot the 89-90 is a high volume pump. I got new 90's pump for a 90 ranger. Can I not put the 90 hi volume pump on a 88 Bronco sending unit?
  11. 9

Can I put a 88 pump in a 90's tank? The reason why I'm asking is because the 88 is cheaper.:icon_thumby:
  12. 9

I need to replace a fuel pump for one of my Broncos. The ones on ebay show that they don't have the plastic container. Also what I want is one with a black float, not the brass one. Anyone got part #s for airtex.They have so many part #s I don't know what is the difference? :icon_confused:
  13. 9

Looking at a BII tomorrow...

Check around the door hinges and the firewall. Also check the rear hatch hinges.
  14. 9

Stupid CV driveshaft....

I had 2 ranger driveshafts shorten to 31 1/4" flange to flange for both of my Bronco 2's.First one cost me $130.00. Traded some parts to have the other one made. You'd better replaced your driveshaft as soon as you can, other wise you'll have to pay for towing when it breaks. When mine broked...
  15. 9

Bronco II,Leaf springs, and U-bolt specifics? Help?

Find a shop in your area that specialize in leaf springs. They can bend U bolts to the length you need.