•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by armyhorse86

1. A

crank spacer???

i just did a 5 speed swap in a 86' bronco and i was wondering if i need the crank spacer that was used for the flex plate to bolt on with the flywheel. i bolted everything up but when i turn the key over the starter doesnt catch the teeth of the flywheel(brand new flywheel). i took the starter...
  2. A

grinding starter

ok so i have an 86' bronco 2 with a 2.9 five speed. everything was working just fine until one day i go to start my truck and it makes a loud grinding noise, i've replaced the starter and it is still making the same noise. i went and pulled the starter out and i had seen that the bendex spring...
  3. A

idling a little off

so ive got an 86' bronco 2 with the 2.9 liter, whenever i have the truck idling it sounds like it is misfiring. ive checked all the plugs and even put a timing light on it and it seems to be fine, as it idles the motor shakes just a little more than normal. could it possibly be a bad valve? or...
  4. A

starter motor not engaging

i have an 86 bronco II with the 2.9 liter and a 5 speed. i seem to have a problem with the starter motor not turning the flywheel (which are both brand new). when i turn the truck over it will sound like it wants to start but then it will make a loud metal on metal noise, i have unbolted the...
  5. A

2.9 flooding out?

so i finally got my bronco 2 running, it ran like a champ for a few days and out of nowhere it ran like crap, i noticed that my o2 sensor had dangled too close to the exhaust and it had melted part of the o2 sensor, after i cut and spliced the wires and purchased a new o2 sensor its still back...
  6. A

2.9 running horrible

i have an 88 bronco 2. it seems to have a problem running while driving, it idles fine but once i start driving it seems to sputter and feels like its misfiring and underpowered. ive checked everything as far as ignition goes, does anyone know what this could be? i thought about replacing all...