•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by BillRod

1. B

2000 Explorer, Where to find the Door lock combination?

Hi All 2000 Ford Explorer. Where can I find the combination for the door locks? Is it located anywhere in the truck or do I have to go to a locksmith? Thanks Bill
  2. B

Momentary idle drop, very intermittent.

Hi All 90 Bronco II, 2.9, Auto, 4x4. Odometer ready to roll over again... Truck runs great but every once in a while at idle the rpm's will drop to almost stalling and of course the oil gauge will drop with it. This is very inconsistent. I have been driving it the past week and it happened...
  3. B

90 BII 2.9, OBD1 shows code 41 as "HEGO HO2S", is this the regular O2 Sensor?

90 BII 2.9, OBD1 shows code 41 as "HEGO HO2S", is this the regular O2 Sensor? Hi All Daughters 90 Bronco II has been idling a bit funny. every now and then it the rpms will dip a little. Can't really tell except she has a bit louder than quiet exhaust so you can hear it more than feel it. I...
  4. B

2000 Explorer when cold the steering wheel a bit stiff off center.

Hi All Just bought a 2000 Explorer yesterday when it was 60 degrees. This morning it was 36 degrees and the steering wheel was a bit stiff only when moving it off center, it caused the wheel to jerk just a bit when starting a turn. Once the engine warmed up and the heat came on and...
  5. B

98 Explorer - Does it use Rack and Pinion Steering or regular old gearbox?

Hi All I am going to look at a 98 Explorer and the owner states that the Rack and Pinion was replaced. I thought they used the regular Gearbox like my F150. Before I question them I would like to be sure I know what I am talking about. Thanks Bill
  6. B

Is there much MPG difference between pre95 and post 95 Explorers?

Hi All Looking to get into an explorer. Is there much of an mpg difference between the 94 and older explorers compared to the 95 and newer ones? It just seems like the 94 body was a bit smaller and therefore would get a bit better mileage. Any thoughts? Thanks Bill
  7. B

Are all 95 & newer explorers AWD or did some come with 2wd/4wd?

I'm trying to by a 97-2000 Explorer. I want one with the 2wd/4wd, either the electric or shifter but 2wd/4wd type. Did they make them like that? Everyone I have seen so far are AWD, and the seller's say it is engaged all the time. Thanks Bill
  8. B

Tire shop won't put 235/75/15 GY Wranglers on my 90 Bronco II, ???

Hi All The Tire shop I went to yesterday stated they can't and won't put 235/75/15 Goodyear Wrangler AT tires on my stock 90 Bronco II. Their book says 235's are too big. I have the same tire on my 88 Ranger and they work fine. I'm not crazy... right :icon_twisted: ? Shouldn't 235's fit...
  9. B

95 Explorer sport, How do the Auto hubs work?

Hi All Looking at buying a 95 Explorer Sport 4x4. It has Auto hubs. 2 questions: 1) How do the Auto hubs work? Are they Vacuum actuated? Does it use some sort of mechanical locking? Or are they always engaged? 2) how tough/expensive is it to swap to manual? This will be a kids car...
  10. B

88 BII 2.9 Temp fluctuates from 185 to ~215

Hi All 88 BroncoII 2.9L, Auto, 4x4, A/C, Lots and lots of miles The temp gauge fluctuates from about 185 to about 215. Every few minutes it will jump, it only stays at 210 or 215 for a 10 to 15 seconds or so but it does this every 3-5 minutes. Sometimes it will do it under hard acceleration...
  11. B

88 bronco II Ign key will not turn, How do I remove the cylinder in the lock position

88 Bronco II, 2.9 4spd Auto, 4x4. Ignition key will not turn. Parked it, took the key out as usual, put the key back in and it will not turn forward. IF I wiggle and cuss a little I can sometimes get it to slowly move to back to the acc spot then back to off but I can not get it to move...
  12. B

88 Bronco2 A4LD Floor Shifter Does Not Lock into Park

Hi All The shifter does not lock into park. When I turn it off and take the keys out I can still run the shifter through the gears. It will only start in Park like it should, Probly neutral too but did not think to try that. I do not see anything about this in my Chiltons. Where can I...
  13. B

hours after buying an 88 Bronco 2, Reverse becomes intermittent...

Hi All Bought an 88 Bronco 2 yesterday. 2.9L 4speed Auto, 4x4, Manual floor Tcase shifter. Odometer reads 81k, must be at least 181. I assume it is the A4LD Auto Tranny. Test drive ran great, Drive and Reverse. The seller and I went to DMV to transfer the title ran fine, Drive and...