•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by BroncoIIPower

1. B

1989 Bronco II.5

A few years ago I got a 1989 Bronco II with a bad 2.9 with the intention of doing the 4.0 swap. After looking for the parts I finally did the 4.0/M50D swap. With the help of a friend who happens to be a master tech and had access to Mitchell we were able to do it over the course of about a...
  2. B

89 b2 build

I like how you did the bed. Nice way to add structure. One of the drawbacks to doing a chop top on these is the body is very weak and easy to tweak after you remove the top.
  3. B

89 b2 build

I want to do something like that half cab. Ever since I saw RICO's I've been in love with it. Nice Bronco:headbang:
  4. B

My 89 Build

Thought I had a build thread started. Guess it was on TRS before they split the site up. Oh well. I'll bring you up to speed. Several years ago I inherited a 1987 Bronco II from my father who bought it from my sister. She refused to learn manual so he ended up buying her an Explorer. I...
  5. B

New power plant

1993 4.0 backed by a 1992 M50D is going to be powering my 1989 Bronco II that will be sitting on 1994 axles very, very soon.
  6. B

Our 84 Ford Bronco 2 4x4 build thread. From Junk to almost glory.

Don't know if this is already in the plans but those Explorer leaf springs will cure the sagging rear end.
  7. B

Our 84 Ford Bronco 2 4x4 build thread. From Junk to almost glory.

After the blue paint that Bronco looks identical to the 87 I had. As for your transmission question, the 2.8, 2.9 and 4.0 share the same block. Any transmission will bolt up as long as its from a 2.8, 2.9 or 4.0. I've read that if you do the 4.0 swap you want to use the transmission from the...
  8. B

4-speed to a 5-speed

I bought a 1990 2wd Bronco II about 7 years ago. The guy I bought it from had the top half rebuilt then the bought half went out. I got it for about $400. I took it home and parked it. Finally last month I moved it from my sister's house to my dad's. Its become my little project again. I...