•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Bryce

1. B

Sitting for 17 years!

Reviving an old thread. I'm in a similar situation. Reviving an 84 that's sat for 6 years. I have a new tank and pick up. Ordered a new fuel pump and I ordered all the stuff for a DuraSpark II conversion including s new carb. I just need to do fuel lines. Other than the intake manifold...
  2. B

84 2.8v6 fuel lines

I'm reviving my 84. Ethanol has gotten the best of it from sitting around a few years. I have a new tank with pick up and sending unit. I probably need to redo the fuel lines. Are the fuel lines from the tank to the pump hard lines or rubber hose? If hard lines, are replacements available...
  3. B

'84 Bronco II reanimation thread

My daughter and I have decided to start looking for something else for her. Something newer and probably more reliabe and tat handles better. I'm having a bit if separation anxiety also :D
  4. B

So, I'm not going to junk it. I think I'm going to just take my time with it. The inital excitement of haing it run anf the disappointent of it konking out were emotional, but after sitting fora week, I cooled off. This afternoon, we strapped it to the F-250 and put it ack in the back yard...
  5. B

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Standard-Motor-Products-HP4530-Ignition-Control-Module-Connector-/75946081 Rockauto.com has a better price, but shipping may negate tat unless you get other things atbthe same time.
  6. B

Is the relay under that cover with the rest of the relays and stuff? Any way. Test it? O'Reilly's has them for $18. If I knew it was going run, i'd go ahead and duraspark it, but i don't want to shovel money only to find it's shot. Honestly, its a good candidate for a 302. Already body...
  7. B

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # HP4530 s the plug with short leads to wire into the harness
  8. B

Well, seems lie I'm giving up easily, but it think my Bronco II lived slow, died old and left a good looking corpse. After putting a dustributor in it today, still no spark. I unplugged the spout plug and got spark (signs of a bad computer) We got it to fire. But still woudn't run right...
  9. B

Well, today it wouldn't start. I already swapped the TFI module and coil lAt weekend and ad the TFI modue tested (tested good multipe times). Looks like the PIP/Stator/Hall Effect stuff might be the culprit from my testing. A reman distribur shoud bevat the parts stre for me tomorrow (so they...
  10. B

So, after pulling the rear brakes drums off to more easily get to the star wheel, I adjusted the back brakes out. and mighty-vac'ed the rest of the air out of the lines.. I have brakes!!! Road test, coming up!!!
  11. B

Cleaning up nicely! Doesn't look like an abandoned vehicle anymore! I think I'm going to go get a mighty-vac to get a really good job of bleeding the brakes. They are getting better after another round of pump pump hold but I think the mighty vac will just finish it off. Then we can focus...
  12. B

TFI module and coil have been replaced and now it has idles for 20 minutes without stalling. It does stumble every so often, but it always did that and I always figured that was the crappy computer controlled carb. Revs much better now also. before it would heat up and crap out in less than...
  13. B

In fact in the time to write the last post, it stalled again and now there's no spark again.
  14. B

So, after letting it sit over night, it cranked right up. Started and went to high idle, I let it sit on high idle for a few minutes and then tapped the gas to let it kick down to a regular idle. Moved it back closer to the garage than it was where it stalled last night. It sat there idling...
  15. B

So, the front brakes and bearings are done... Then we went to bleed the brakes and the rear wouldn't bleed, so we did the back brakes too. We cleaned out the old tank as best we colud and put a filter right after the pickup so and missed junk wouldn't flow upstream. Got gas to the cab and...