•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by buildinabeast

1. B

Will this set-up work (302,np435,dana 20)

update I have pulled the 5.0 out and have it on the engine stand awaiting some minor repairs. The 2.8 is ready to be pulled just waiting until I have the 5.0 ready. Won't being to much for the next couple of days. I have to go down to the fire station for a few days. I will update on the...
  2. B

I have been looking but everyone wants and arm and a leg for one. I still haven;t decide if I want to run the np435 or the M5OD with the BW T-case out of an 88 F150. I have both set-ups in the garage. I am pulling the stang engine tonight and hopefully the b2 engine and drive train tomorrow. I...
  3. B

Update So I have made some progress over the past few weeks. My motor mounts, electric fans and remote oil filter kit will be here in a few days. I have finally gone and picked up my donor ('85 mustang 5.0 carb'd). I have disconnected all of my electrical on the B2, drained fluids, removed...
  4. B

One more quick question. Motor mounts? I am not really into spending $200 buck on mounts. The 5.0 is out of a '85 mustang LX. Will these mounts work? I have read that mustang mounts work but I think that they were from the convertible, not sure. Is there any mounts out of any make/model that...
  5. B

This is not a DD. It has been sitting in my back yard for about 5 yrs. I just finally decide to go ahead and turn it into a trail rig so i don't have to beat the hell out my nice ass DD. It is probably going to end up being a seriously red neck rig'd monster.
  6. B

Should I do the axle swap or the engine swap first. I was thinkin that the axle swap would create more room for the engine and then when i put the 5.0 in i will already know what i have to mod to fit the axles. Or shoud l I put the 5.0 in first and get it set up and then do the axles and figure...
  7. B

Just a little update on what I have goin on. I have come across a D44 and D60 out of a '75 F250 and the tranny and t-case (np208?) out of a 88 F150, all for $400. I am pretty sure the case is a np 208, does that sound right? The guy said the axles were out of a '75 F250 but there are set up with...
  8. B

Thanks for the advise guys. Ya I would like to stick with a manual tranny, simply because my B2 was originally a manual and so was the 302 donor. And I like slammin gears. I am not so much set on having really low gears, as i said I do not do alot of crawling. I just happened to come across a...
  9. B

Thanks for the input. I didn't think about the angles, just got caught up in getting all the parts i needed. I found a good deal on them though so I guess it's not that bad. I guess I am going to scrap that idea and move on to finding the next tranny. I might as well find a tranny and t-case...
  10. B

It is a dana 24 (divorced). Sorry about that. Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping it might give me more clearance under the ride but I didn't think about how short the rear drive shaft is going to be. That is a bummer, I just went and picked it all up the othe day, now it is mine to figure out...
  11. B

Hi all. I have decided to go ahead with the V8 swap in my carb'd 84 b2. I have a carb'd 5.0 out of an 85 mustang LX (it had a t5 behind it, but thats gone) I also have the harness. I have also come across an NP435 and Dana 24 (divorced) out of a '72 Ford. As far as I know these should all bolt...
  12. B

1990 Bronco donor for an '84 B2?

I have a 1990 bronco eddie bauer edition with the 5.0, it is an automatic but not sure which one. I was wondering if it is a good donor for the 84 B2. I would like to do a full swap of the engine, tranny and t-case as well as the 9" rear. Not sure what to do about the front yet. But i wanted...