•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Chris88GT

1. C

Roof rack and basket

I used four conduit straps on mine. I guess they are pretty much the same as u bolts. Drilled holes through the stock rack bars and bolted the rack to those.
  2. C

gear ratio 93 explorer

If for some reason the sticker isn't there or you suspect the gears have been changed, you can jack up the rear and turn a wheel 1 rotation. Count how many times the driveshaft goes around. It helps to make a mark on the DS so it's easier to count. Good luck
  3. C

ttb dana 44 and 9"

Just wanted to share what I picked up this weekend for a nice $175. Both came off a full size 86 Bronco. I don't even have a welder yet but I thought that was a screaming deal and couldn't pass it up. Let the swapping begin.
  4. C

Stalling out

Yea, I have one of those adjusters on my Mustang. I got it through Ford years ago when I had a similar idle issue. It took a lot of fine tuning to get it set, but knock on wood its been... 9 or so years and no more idle problems.
  5. C

Replacement driveshaft question.

Anyone know what size that nut is? Biggest socket I have is 1"... its gotta be 1-1/8" at least if not bigger...
  6. C

Replacement driveshaft question.

Okay, so I think I have a same issue as the original poster. My crappy GKN driveshaft went out this weekend on the interstate. So today I went to the you pull and got the only non-GKN driveshaft they had on a B2. It was out of a 88 4x4 auto and mine is an 89 rwd 5 speed, however lengths look to...
  7. C

Largest tire on stock wheel?

Those look the same as the ones that came on mine stock. My door tag has 15 X 6, and one of the wheels actually had 15 x 6 stamped on it. I only saw it when I took off the beauty rings.
  8. C

My 89

Same thing happened to me. I just cut the eyes off the explorer main leaf and added my stock B2 leaf to the explorer pack.
  9. C

explorer front coils

I added some spacers (1.25" worth) under the front springs but didn't get hardly any lift (.5" maybe). I have read on here about people using Explorer coils for some more lift. I know 91-94 on the years but I didn't know 4wd or 2wd ones, if it even matters. My local junkyard says there are a...
  10. C

Hatch struts.

I got mine at Rockauto pretty dirt cheap... like 8-9 bucks a piece I think?
  11. C

coolant issue now

Freeze plugs possibly? Maybe just a tiny leak that evaporates or pools even and drips off while you are driving? Worth a check... I think there are two on the front of the heads, two on the back, and 2 or 3 on each side.
  12. C

Explorer hybrid leafs are in

Just wanted to share some info/pics from my Explorer leaf spring swap. I used the whole explorer spring pack, with my BII main leaf and painted the whole stack Ford red. Before ground to fender lip was 29". Now measures 32". I was hoping for an inch or so more of lift so I have some Belltech...
  13. C

u bolt size

I don't know the answer to your question... But I was gonna mention that you might want to think about new shocks while you were under there. Just in case you hadn't... I forgot and now have to go back and do that.
  14. C

side mirror swap

I did a search but could not find anything... I know I should probably be content on what I have... but I'm not. I have the small plastic side mirrors and I really like the metal mirrors with the bracket. Most Bronco 2s and Rangers I see have these. Anyway, I want to do this swap, but I know...
  15. C

Aftermarket Radiator doesn't fit 1990 B2

A few weeks ago I replaced my 89 B2 radiator with one from an Explorer. I ordered it through RockAuto. I got one for an automatic Explorer with A/C. This version is a 2 row radiator. It is pretty much a direct swap except for having to cut some holes in the fan shroud for the tabs to fit in. The...