•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by John Smith

1. John Smith

Anyone with a manual choke on their 2.8L

Hi there all.. been a while since I have posted here. I DID use an original "63" Ford manual choke truck carb on my last 2.8L project. It now sits on a Clifford intake bolted 2 a 300-6. I may have a few small venturi 2100 Autolite's available if anyone is interested. (automatic choke only)...
  2. John Smith

84 duraspark conversion

say's the guy w the 44's good morning everyone..actually i think I could go down to 42's or 43's from these 44s, something I will try when i get my diz dialed in a little closer..but for a 2.2L..If you could find a drop in carb adapter for a Weber or mid 70's Ford/Holley/5200?...how well your...
  3. John Smith

84 carb

you may have to dig to find'm with all the nonsense hooked up there but using a flashlight..maybe..u'll find'm and like the other guy said they may have plastic covers possibly...
  4. John Smith

84 carb

right uneath the flat bowl.. on the front side...1 (one) on each side..kinda hard to see w/o light etc...may need a short stubby flat screwdriver to adjust....I. sure someone else will chime in... A pic of one on the bench (although this carb is slightly different) you can see the location of...
  5. John Smith

4 Way Flat Trailer Wiring

Can I ask what harness..did you get? They make a "plug and play" of the proper wiring harness. One that actually "plugs in" to your current wiring harness if you wish to do it that way. I forget the harness number but if your google you'll find what ur looking for 4 your 1990...
  6. John Smith

88 Bronco II transmission swap

an excellent buy in my neck of the woods.. especially if your used trans is in good condition.. about the D/L, Not sure about that one..i suppose cutting one down from the donor of the 5pseed or similar may work..and hopefully you can get that done well and for cheap..best wishes. how you...
  7. John Smith

88 Bronco II transmission swap

if the overall condition works for you Then adding the parts to go with a manual trans should be a reasonable option rather than fiddle with the A4ld. In 88 the removable floor plate ( where the shifter goes thru the floor) is common to rangers etc thru the early 90's i think..so make sure...
  8. John Smith

passenger storage compartment locks..

I'm kinda surprised this hasn't come up b4 everyone seems to talk about swapping consoles etc...and if they were 1st gen the locks would have to be switched if they were used..but i couldn't find any info in various searches so i started the thread... maybe it's partly becasue there has been...
  9. John Smith

Thanks for the comeback... In my case on my 88 xlt , MY door key (not ignition) fits my xlt but not my Newly acquired 88 Eddie so it would seem the keys are specific.. and of course the 88 Eddie keys do NOT work on my xlt locks...and my 88 Ranger door keys don't work either... at this point it...
  10. John Smith

Kinda neat to know isn't it? It seems like there are a few kinda kewl things about these rigs.... nice lookin B2 man...
  11. John Smith

Hey there good to hear from you Bro... Thaks for postin a reply man...I began to think i was the only one who had ever looked at these. I've worked with the lock some ..but haven't found the magic combination..maybe we can figure it out. A friend of mine needed to repaint his compartments...
  12. John Smith

Hi there it seems like the B2's have generally 3 small storage compartments in the passenger area walls. Evidently these small compartments "lock" using the door key. If you have a console, it seems to use the same key to lock as well. My question is "how to remove the lock cylinder" which...
  13. John Smith

Another reason to like the 1st gen..

Good 4 you... Success!...I've gotta red version of that picture...good for u...
  14. John Smith

This has turned into an interesting bit of info It seems there may be two types of early Early RBV horn actuation, some with turn signal switches and some with the usual steering wheel pad activation. I wonder if it depended upon the type of options?... I've seen early 4 spoke steering...
  15. John Smith

I can see keeping a sharper eye out ... for a few spares for this type of occasion..i suppose it could be hard to find a horn/pad etc ..in ANY color..or steering wheel..etc.. i guess it's the old problem...Too new to be vintage, yet too old to be available..we may have to learn how to re-make...