•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by jprevat

1. jprevat

Lighter Wheel Options

I hope yall can help point me in the right direction. My 89 is saddled with 15x7 steel pacers from 2002 and it looks like similar wheels weigh around 27 lbs. this seems like a lot of weight for a wheel. The wheels im thinking about using are Ultra 164s and are about 17 lbs in comparison. Could...
  2. jprevat

What transfer case?

It's been a while but I've finished my house and got married so I can get back to work on my b2 finally. I have a 94 a4ld and transfer case from an explorer. I also have the driveshafts to go with it. My question is since I am running my stock axles should I use my b2 t-case for the time being...
  3. jprevat

Trans Question

I have picked up a 93 explorer a4ld to replace my worn out 89 trans behind my 2.9. What I was curious about is if this would be an easy plug and play swap or if I need to do some planning and modding.
  4. jprevat

What springs to run for winch bumper?

I am adding a heavy duty homemade winch bumper to my 89 b2 and would really like some better springs to handle the weight. Is it possible to use explorer front springs or and other heavier spring with better spring rates for my application? If the springs give me around 2" of lift that would...
  5. jprevat

Whining in 4x4

Is it normal for the 4x4 to whine when I let off the gas and allow it to coast? It also wouldnt disengage the front axel until I turned the truck off and relieved it of its vacuum. Anyone have any idea why?
  6. jprevat

Resurrecting My 89 B2

I figured this was a good place to introduce myself and show off my work in progress. She is a 1989 that I have owned since high school and have decided after ten years its time for a few changes. She is on 31's on stock (sagging) springs at the moment but I am trying to track down some...