•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Kennyb

1. K

Inline 6 in a 90 B2

Any Ideas on what it would take to put a straight 6 out of a 68 ford truck in a 1990 B2 4x4?
  2. K

1990 B2 302 swap

Curtis I wasn't trying to offend anybody by saying the 2.9 was a POS. But my experience with this one has been costly and aggravating. I do know that the design of the heads IMO was piss poor. As far as the rest of the engine I have no complaints, it hasn't given me one problem. I will keep an...
  3. K

1990 B2 302 swap

Got another question. The 5.0 out of the 1989 F150, did it come stock with the gt40 heads? I haven't pulled the engine down yet to get the casting numbers off the heads yet, does anyone know the casting numbers for the GT40 heads?
  4. K

1990 B2 302 swap

Thanks for the advise. I have already bought the 5.0 and like the options that I can have as far as horsepower goes that the 302 offers. I know that there is more money involved in this route. Here in Bama there not strict on the EPA standards for smog control. Heck we have folks driving cars...
  5. K

1990 B2 302 swap

Thanks Jsommers for the info. This is my first swap on a B2 so I am just cutting my teeth on it. The 2.9 thats in it has had 3 heads on it, so I am getting away from that POS mistake Ford designed. I got a lengthy road ahead before I get through with this swap, so I am sure I will have more ...
  6. K

1990 B2 302 swap

Hey guys I have a 1990 B2 2.9 manual tranny,that I am doing a conversion on. I am going to use a 302 out of a 89 F150. I need to know if I can swap the bell housing out with a 89 tranny to get this baby to connect up, or will I have to swap tranny and transfer case out too?