•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Psychopete

1. Psychopete

2.8L Radiator Replacement, Which Radiator?

if the 2 row lower points down and has provision for auto transmission lines, that is probably radiator from an explorer that someone had put in. it would lower cooling capacity, but non-a/c manual trucks usually had the thinner of the radiators
  2. Psychopete

Tps

nope. should be strait forward to investigate if you have an analog meter, the TPS is just a simple potentiometer. read this: http://www.oldfuelinjection.com/?p=30
  3. Psychopete

gunk in oilpan

at least drain out the oil that's in there, remove the dist, and prime before trying to start to make sure it's getting good flow to the top of the heads. not easy on a 2.9L tho, you'll have to make a priming tool out of an old distributor because of the star shaped oil pump drive. FWIW dropping...
  4. Psychopete

Help! Engine wont start and random high idle at speed

first thing I would do is spray starting fluid in the intake and see if it starts. it's possible you lost injector pulse, fuel pressure would be good, and would have spark, but no start. if it seems like it's injector pulse, see if you can get it to catch when you disconnect the MAP sensor. if...
  5. Psychopete

Using Stock Carb with Duraspark Conversion on 2.8

I don't think you really want to go there, your carburetor relies on the computer. I have read other threads on this subject, but I can't think of keywords to get me to them. You're just going to really have to dig. This is worth while to read IMO post from Will are relevant, particularly #23...
  6. Psychopete

bronco 2 heads. 2.9

I didn't measure since .030" really isn't much, but I was still probably under 10:1. I did still run it on 91 to be on the safe side.
  7. Psychopete

bronco 2 heads. 2.9

I had a street/drag cam custom ground for mine, it would go when hit you it for sure lol even cleaning up some of the factory garbage in the ports will benefit, a lot of power is hidden in the heads. I had my heads milled .030", too, but at that amount I ended up needing the lower intake milled...
  8. Psychopete

they're switches - if you find the right colors, you connect those. seem pretty consistent for Ford to use red/light blue for start and white/pink from what I have seen in that era. like sno ranger said, ignore red/white, the other 2 are reverse lights.
  9. Psychopete

NSS is R/LB and W/PK normally, the R/LB is from ignition switch and W/PK goes out the truck and splices back into R/LB.
  10. Psychopete

FSB 5.0 for a B2

if by fsb you mean ford small block, an explorer 5.0L is a ford small block... you don't need to use an explorer engine.
  11. Psychopete

Redneck ways to fix a oil leak?!

It's a felpro, I got the same one from autozone (PN OS34508R).
  12. Psychopete

Redneck ways to fix a oil leak?!

I pulled a pan off an SOHC while it was still in the truck (it's not going back in), and it's probably about the worst way imaginable. Good chances that if you can tolerate putting it back together, it's going to be such a pain in the ass to get everything back in place that you'll be right back...
  13. Psychopete

fuel pressure

Key ON Engine OFF (KOEO) = 35-45 psi - Engine Running @ Idle = 30-45 psi for EFI 1986 2.9L
  14. Psychopete

87BII turns over but wont start

If it's getting good spark off the coil, but not a plug, it's either going to be distcap/rotor, wires, or poor ground. 194 bulb, bend out the leads and put it into an injector plug to check for injector pulse.
  15. Psychopete

What am i doing wrong

it should blink on #1 no matter what. It will fire, just at the wrong time. Make sure the block is grounded well, and check behind the engine for anything that might have been missed. If the coil plug was taken out, take a look there too or damaged terminals or corrosion. What I do for tdc is...