•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by RangerSVT

1. RangerSVT

89 B2 build "Ballin on a budget"

Judging by your plates, which is the prefered method I use on all the swaps I perform, your engine needs to go closer to the firewall by about 1-1.5". 99% of long tube headers wont fit in 4x4 applications, look for a shorty or mid length. If gou want to eventually run a 205, you will need to...
  2. RangerSVT

1988 B2 Conversion using 2000 Explorer 302

I bought the syncro from rock auto and the alignment tool came with it... SVT
  3. RangerSVT

1984 bronco 2 5.0 Twin Turbo Swap

Liking the 2 in, 1 out ic... SVT
  4. RangerSVT

1984 bronco 2 5.0 Twin Turbo Swap

Nice project, cant wait to see the turbos arranged in the engine bay... SVT
  5. RangerSVT

4bt swap?

While that would be a good engine, a 4d55 or 4d56 would be a better choice, but it depends on your needs/wants... SVT
  6. RangerSVT

Dont think those plates will work. If your gonna pull the oil pan, high pressure pump is what id install, as well as check the ods and main bearings, crank end play, etc.rear main seal, timing cover seal, valve cover seals (basically, reseal the entire motor while its out) including freeze...
  7. RangerSVT

The plate style uses a flat plate that bolts to the engine and sets down on the stock ranger 2.9/ 4.0 rubber mounts. It allows you to drop the engine in once opposed to several times using the mustang mounts (one to mark the hole, pull the motor, drill hole for mustang mount, then lower motor...
  8. RangerSVT

The cruise control system does not use or rely on the ECU, so there is a very good chance you can use the original system. If your set on using the mustang mounts, 87-93 mustang convertible mounts are the ones that are used... SVT
  9. RangerSVT

Go with a 180* t-stat, 160 is too cold. I highly recommend the block plates over the mustang mounts, which are 87-93 model. You also won't need to cruise module as you won't have the harness or proper system to operate it... SVT
  10. RangerSVT

If you can't come up with one, let me know, I have a good 97 2wd trans I'll swap ya... SVT
  11. RangerSVT

Btw, 97+ f series trucks will have the mod motor (4.6l) which you can't use, but you can use the trans out of the 4.2l V6 out of the 97+ f series... SVT
  12. RangerSVT

Thats an aod, a mechanically operated overdrive trans. Its too old for what you need. You need at least a 96 model from the f series truck, car or explorer... SVT
  13. RangerSVT

The 5.0 ex came either 2wd or awd, no dash mounted switch was available. Since your cutting the front clip off, you can pull the motor and trans together. I've pulled motor, trans, and tcase all at once. I've also pulled them with exhaust all the way to the tcase to trans mounting location... SVT
  14. RangerSVT

There, fixed it...:icon_thumby: :D SVT
  15. RangerSVT

Dave, the stock manifolds will fit. SVT's frame and your B2 frame are very similar up front. The cast manifolds flow better than the tubular manifolds. Your header selection is very limited. I have a set of BBK headers from a mustang that was modified (two of the collector's were beat in to...