•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Renny_D

1. R

ranger drive shaft in a BII

was the cardan portion that broke but I got lucky and to B2s were in the JY this week. The interesting thing is I think one of them also had the duraspark conversion done as it had an EGR block off plate and distict lack of wiring to the carb.... Didn't have time to take a closer look but if...
  2. R

ranger drive shaft in a BII

Hi the CV portion of the drive shaft in my b2 broke yesterday. I'm hoping to head to the JY today and find another b2 but if there isn't one is there a ranger d/s that would work? Is the ranger ds also two piece and if so could I pull a ranger ds appart and take just the cv section? FYI 84 b2...
  3. R

turbo b2?

Google :) turbo 2.8 but with a bit more than stock internals :http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211372
  4. R

turbo b2?

So my question is what kind of hp/torque can the stock pistons, rings, rods, crank, mains etc take in stock form. I ask as I come from the volvo turbo community an we are routinely taking engines that made around 80 hp in stock non turbo form and pushing them to 300 hp, the point at which we...
  5. R

Storebought duraspark

Thanks for the responses. This is all good info. I'm curious about the manual metering block. I don't quite understand how the feedback carb added extra fuel as it doesn't really have an injector?? I really want to try the Chevy 2.8 injection so if I can live with the feedback carb for a bit...
  6. R

Storebought duraspark

Hi I am needing to duraspark and using the part numbers I can get all the parts including a reman carb from autozone. Has anyone done this conversion with all store bought parts versus junkyard diving. I've been through three in the portland area and no 2.8s with duraspark. I am assuming that...
  7. R

Ranger bumpers

Will Ranger rear bumpers fit on a B2? I don't have the trailer hitch bumper on my b2 and when I was at the JY I saw quite a few rangers that did have the hitch bumper even one with a drop hitch receiver. If anyone knows that would be good info to have. Thanks
  8. R

"88" windshield wipers

Ok found the module and replaced it with a junk yard one but it didn't work either. I just replaced the switch with a nonintermittent switch. Now at least i have two speeds and no random stopping. I'll just keep my eye open at the junk yard for another one with a delay module. Thanks Ren
  9. R

Wiper delay

Thanks I'll dive under the Dash again and have another look. Does anyone know if it can be just bypassed so I could at least have two speeds until I can replace the module? Thanks Ren
  10. R

Wiper delay

Can anyone tell me where to find the wiper delay? My wiper only works on high and will occasionally stop for no reason. Ive swapped out the switch and wiper motor with known good units. Symptoms remain unchanged so there must be a wiper delay module somewhere in the system. I checked the...