•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by rusty ol ranger

1. rusty ol ranger

3.0l Swap To Bronco Ii

Then why not just swap it with another 2.9 and save alot of work... later, Dustin
  2. rusty ol ranger

2010 B2 plan.

What if you took a BII Frame, and mounted a 2010 (Or a 04+, there all the same) Cab on it and hacked off the rear 1/4 of a pre IRS Explorer and grafted on. Would be about the same amount of work as what your wanting to do. later, Dustin
  3. rusty ol ranger

351m/400 in a B2!!!!!!!!!!!

The 351M is a destroked 400 right? How do they make up stroke with a piston? Unless its taller or something on the 400. later, Dustin
  4. rusty ol ranger

351m/400 in a B2!!!!!!!!!!!

The 400 is a good engine. The 351M/400 use the same block. Basically the same engine except the 400 has a longer stroke, and makes more low end torque. Neither one are very rev happy, both were originally designed for B-I-G cars and trucks, so low end torque and lots of it was the goal. If...
  5. rusty ol ranger

Bronco II vs. "the youth"

Compare/contrast...IMO. Looks- BII- I think it wins, hands down, with its squared off lines and slab sided figure. It screams rough and tumble. "THe youth"- Yuck. If i wanted a Minivan, i woulda bought one. On Road- BII- Kinda primative, old fashioned, and trucky. Heavy vauge steering and not...
  6. rusty ol ranger

3.0l Swap To Bronco Ii

5 ftlbs isnt much. 1000RPM is. later, Dustin
  7. rusty ol ranger

3.0l Swap To Bronco Ii

Im not talking about HP per CI, or torque per CI, all im talking about is that for the 1.1L displacement difference the 4.0L doesnt run that much harder. later, Dustin
  8. rusty ol ranger

3.0l Swap To Bronco Ii

For the displacment difference between the 2.9 and 4.0 im not impressed with the 4.0 at all. The 4.0 doesnt really seem to run THAT much harder then the 2.9, despite having 1.1L more. later, Dustin
  9. rusty ol ranger

3.0l Swap To Bronco Ii

For the time and money youd spend swapping over you could have a good 2.9.
  10. rusty ol ranger

3.0l Swap To Bronco Ii

One question.... Why? The 2.9 will walk a 3.0. later, Dustin
  11. rusty ol ranger

project Against the Grain

I do love this rig. Probely the most bad ass rig ive seen on here.....LOVE to see it in action! Makes me wanna revive my 300/RBV project. later, Dustin
  12. rusty ol ranger

2.3 into a BII.. Am I crazy?

2.9's junk? I believe a 2.9 holds the mileage record for TRS, last i knew of C Marshalls BII he had almost 700,000 miles. later, Dustin
  13. rusty ol ranger

How is the 2.9 less reliable then a 2.3L?....and there not that much weaker then a 4.0. There a good comprimise. Actually the 300 (4.9L) swap isnt that big of deal if you put on like a 3 inch body lift. Some here will try to steer you away from that swap, but with the body lift its no harder...
  14. rusty ol ranger

Id stick with the 2.9. A 2.9 with 4.10's will do baout anything you want it to do. later, Dustin