•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

2010 B2 plan.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
it's about that time that i'll start scouring junkyards for totaled trucks for the next project plan, so here's my idea.

i find a rolled 4x4 2010 single cab ranger, pull the cab and bed off, shift the rear axle forwards, and put a B2 body on it.

If i'm right, and i think i am, the single cab ranger and B2 had the same frame length, because on my B2 the rails stick out the back, and on a ranger they are flush with the end of the bed.

would this work?

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Might be better off looking for an explorer.
yeah but the ranger frame *should* be bolt on, the explorer is different isn't it?

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
you've never seen somebody flip a brand new truck before?
no, i thought people stopped wrecking trucks in 2001... what i was getting at is, what do you plan on doing suspension wise? getting rid of the ifs stuff or what?

koda6966

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I hate the newer suspensions.. only thing I don't like about my brothers Edge.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
no, i thought people stopped wrecking trucks in 2001... what i was getting at is, what do you plan on doing suspension wise? getting rid of the ifs stuff or what?
gonna stick with the IFS until i find out how i feel about it, and if it's worth the effort to transplant a TTB D35 onto the front end.

really the only reason i'd go with the 2010 is the factory disc brakes etc, could probably do anything reasonably new.

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
if not sticking with the ifs, wouldnt it be more work to swap in a d35ttb than to swap in a solid axle? both is alot of work but i believe the ttb would be more work.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
yeah but who really needs a solid axle anyway?

rusty ol ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
What if you took a BII Frame, and mounted a 2010 (Or a 04+, there all the same) Cab on it and hacked off the rear 1/4 of a pre IRS Explorer and grafted on.

Would be about the same amount of work as what your wanting to do.

later,
Dustin

jdm_farmboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Yes it should work. It'll be a big project, swapping the body and making sure everything clears and works properly. I have thought about doing this exact same thing with my B2, even going as far as modifying the newer dash and such to fit the old cab. Unfortunately, this project is much further away for me as I am a poor college student.